Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Picaview

>.<

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can point me to where I can obtain the software for Picaview. I'm not sure if there was any freeware out for it but I know that it's trialed for shareware. If anyone can point the way, thanks in advance!

ADMIN EDIT: You can download old versions of Picaview at http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=picaview
    Last edited by OldVersion.com Admin; 12-13-2008 at 08:04 AM.

Super Moderator

Please read the pinned topic titled How to Request an App to help you and those who seek find what your looking for. After reading the howto, re-word your request, just add the info in this thread - no need to start a new one.

Administrator

http://www.downseek.com/download/3329.asp version 2.0 as already stated, in further requests please add all required info as per pinned topic how to request
    simply me

Originally posted by the gaffer@Jan 26 2004, 05:26 AM
    http://www.downseek.com/download/3329.asp version 2.0 as already stated, in further requests please add all required info as per pinned topic how to request
    Arr is that a gaffe ;)
    I suspect that page ultimately points to
    Download Free Trial - ACD mPower Tools™ 1.0.2 from
    http://www.acdsystems.com/
    picaview was the superceded product
    filename : picaview.exe about 5.3MB

Super Moderator

Not sure why your pointing them to a shareware title GoSlow? As you seem to have an aversion to shareware titles. (armour2net??), and prefer the freebies.
    So i would have thought instead of pointing to ACDsee, you would have pointed them to Xnview as it is freeware.
    Which there are many links on the forum pointing to it already, and it is still a better choice over the irfanview as well.

Originally posted by locustfurnace@Jan 27 2004, 02:03 AM
    Not sure why your pointing them to a shareware title GoSlow?
    Yes the requestor is likely to be someone after my own heart as they do mention freeware and there are many free picture viewer threads that should of been searched for on the forum If thats what they want, however I was taking my time and illuminating a slightly misleading & perhaps unnecessary download (as I know others would do for me) and giving a keen member a chance to perhaps take it further, also I rarely do alternatives I tend to rely on the experts to post that information.
    Of course shareware does have its use to fill a hole while you search for alternative freeware no need to rush.
    The more information that requestors supply as to what they want and what they want to do with it the better the results they are likely to get.

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Goslow+Jan 27 2004, 03:32 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Goslow @ Jan 27 2004, 03:32 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>The more information that requestors supply as to what they want and what they want to do with it the better the results they are likely to get.[/b]

Thats correct, but most seem to follow the philosophy of 'drop a crumb, come back expecting a 4 layered chocolate cake.'

Originally posted by -Goslow@Jan 27 2004, 03:32 AM
    Of course shareware does have its use to fill a hole while
    No matter what, Shareware beats the old method of your only chance of trying software was to buy it, then find out it is not what you wanted and having to waste more money on other titles which might be as useless for your intended purposes.
    Plus that hole can be filled for on average of 30 days. most people dont even need/use the tools longer than that.

<!--QuoteBegin--Goslow
    @Jan 27 2004, 03:32 AM
    after my own heart as they do mention freeware [/quote]
    Then it might be time for you to give up the costly Windows OS and switch to one of the many free OS's. Since in that world, for-cost apps are the rarities and free titles run rampant.

Last edited by OldVersion.com Admin; 12-13-2008 at 08:06 AM.

slurpy69

can any one send me or know where i can get this version, i think its d best picaview version ever

Originally posted by slurpy69@May 23 2004, 02:05 AM
    can any one send me or know where i can get this version, i think its d best picaview version ever
    not good for a first post buddy you found your way through to register just a pity after that you didnt read the pinned topic HOW TO REQUEST AN APP then you may get some help, also there is a thing called the search function no instructions needed but its quite simple give it a try

slurpy69

My apologies..... So here goes..

Program Name: Picaview 1.31
    Website: http://www.acdsystems.com/English/Products...rTools/overview
    Current version: latest available under the Picaview name was 2.0 (see description)
    Desired versions: 1.31
    Description: It has now been renamed to ACD mPower Tools™ 1.0.2.

I hope thats enough info