Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Webshots

Originally posted by JombaJucy@Jun 7 2004, 04:52 PM
    Post Webshots!
    very polite request ? try reading the pinned topic how to request an app at the top of the forum and give it another go. at which point you may receive help in finding the title you want

Super Moderator

How about.. No.
    Read the pinned topic and fill out the info as requested, otherwise this post will go unanswered. You need to show alittle effort before anyone on this site gives up their time to find something for you.
    And searching the forum might reveal that this was already requested twice before! and its reply was filled with many various links for the program.
    Since this was requested already, and you did not bother to take a moment to fill out any necessary info, or search the board. this thread will be closed. As its already been requested.
    Next time, search before posting and add any new requests into an existing thread.

Adriana M

Program Name: Webshots
    Current version:2.0
    Desired versions: 1.3.X.X
    Description: Wallpaper/screensaver program

I had to format a drive that I kept Webshots on because of a virus. I downloaded the new version, but I just don't like it, and I don't know where to put my old collections (I saved those ). If anyone who has the old version or has the installer somewhere I would really appreciate it. My e-mail is wolfee_00@yahoo.com or pinface_00@hotmail.com. Thanks in advance

This program has been requested before as a search would have reveiled. Click SEARCH (Top of page, on RIGHT) then fill in search by keyword (top of search box on LEFT). In this case Webshots Then set Search posts from to ANY DATE. Then click Perform the Search.

http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...880&hl=webshots

Hard. Ain't it?

You know, I'm a member of several forums on several different topics, an no forum is ruder than this one. Many people have a hard time using a computer let alone the internet. And yes, many people are just lazy. But instead of harping on them, just post the link to the thread/download that they are/should be looking for and let that end at that. I did do a search, in fact, and all it reveiled is someone like me looking for the old version of Webshots because we don't like the new one, and a member of this forum said Do A Search.

This is a great site and forum, and I'm sure I will be downloading many more programs from here as my secondary drive was wiped out by a virus and am just getting it up and going again. Please, be kind to other posters.

Adriana

Originally posted by Guest@Jun 8 2004, 04:47 PM
    no forum is ruder than this one. Many people have a hard time using a computer let alone the internet. And yes, many people are just lazy. But instead of harping on them, just post the link to the thread/download that they are/should be looking for and let that end at that.
    It would appear that many people also don't know how ro read. How to Request an App is a pinned topic, (at the top of the Request page)

http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...t=ST&f=3&t=1585

and has several different things in it: I.E. Information required to file a request, which you did provide, A request to do a search which you claim to have did and a request to add your request for a program to the other topics of the same type if not version number. You say you found other requests for webshots. Why didn't you add your request to that forum?

I do know that the default search of 30 days is a problem for some people BUT if we don't inform people of how to search then lazy people will keep coming in here expecting everyone to do their work for them. So what you call rude most would call helping themselves.

The link to the program you requested was posted even if you do need to pick out the one you need and download it yourself.

What next just to be helpful, a request to fly all over the country installing the programs for people? Maybe teaching them to run it? Some people who visit here think we should also be providing licences to these programs too. How rude is that?

Common sense (now there's an oxymoron) would tell you that if the information is there but people are too lazy to look for it but instead expect everyone else to do stuff for then then yes after a time period of a year to 10 then yes even you'd become a little miffed and post something like LF did, The How to Request an App to help people help themselves and when they still don't when it is requested but still expect it to be handed to them on a platter then are rude themselves because they are told about it, in all honesty, WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Guest+Jun 8 2004, 04:47 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Guest @ Jun 8 2004, 04:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>You know, I&#39;m a member of several forums on several different topics, an no forum is ruder than this one. [/b]

The forum is not rude, consider the following. All day long some one keeps calling you asking if Mr Jones is home, you tell him politely, This is not the Jones&#39;s residence, then you go as far as to look up Mr Jones phone number,and you give it to the caller.
    2 minutes later, phone rings, "Mr Jones?". and continues on all day long
    Now after a year of this, would you still be polie as can be, or would you simply state, Sorry Wrong number, and disconnect.
    To remedy this problem, the phone companys issue everyone a directory, so they can look up the person they wish to call, before dialing a random number.
    So, if the wrong-caller phones a wrong number and the person answering tells that wrong-caller to look up the phone number in the directory, and the person making the calls states, "Well thats very rude of you." Is it? No.

The forum is layed out simple. 4 boards. and description under each. Once you decide you want to make arequest, you go to the request board. and the very first thing anyone should see is the pinned topci, which clearly states, to read BEFORE posting. Then once one reads it, they would see the explaination as to why one should search before posting, since if the app has already been requested, your just wasting your own time posting a new thread.
    This &#39;Webshots&#39;, for example. Was just requested yesterday. And I locked the thread. It&#39;s on the very first page. it almost impossible to miss it as well. It was locked for a reason, as will this one be.
    The links in a locked thread, still work. and the thread can be read.

Don&#39;t mistake pointing you in the right direction as rudeness.

Originally posted by -Guest@Jun 8 2004, 04:47 PM
    But instead of harping on them, just post the link to the thread/download
    Instead of harping, just use the search feature, its fast and effective. and simple to use. The less duplicate threads created, the easier and more accurate the search becomes. This is why it is recommended to post similar request in exisiting threads.

<!--QuoteBegin--Guest
    @Jun 8 2004, 04:47 PM
    I did do a search, in fact, and all it reveiled is someone like me looking for the old version of Webshots because we don&#39;t like the new one, and a member of this forum said Do A Search. [/quote]
    If the post you found said "Do A Search", and that was the only thread that appeared when you searched, did you not think, maybe to pay closer attention when searching the next time and maybe changing the search parameters.
    I guess you did not, nor did you see the mention of posting into exisitng threads, and to not start a new duplicate thread.
    and you say pun or the forum is being rude?
    I think it is rude that you would just skip the forums guidelines and do as you wanted, which is posting a brand new thread, when there are already a few exisiting ones.

I know its always rude when we find people their files they are searching for. And all that is asked is to assist alittle by providing the necessary info. and to stop and search, as your request might have alreday been asked and fulfilled.

locked due to an already exisiting thread

BrownEyes

I have searched the web over for the old version of webshots. I found it at some non-english site but when I took the program installer home to install it there it wasn&#39;t the one I had....I am SOOOOO appreciative of this site and the posts that everyone makes&#33;
    Thanks&#33;
    D

Wendy O'

THANK YOU SOO SOO MUCH&#33;

I was about to give up completely on ever getting the old version of Webshots back&#33; I could not ssstANd the newwy awful 2.O version&#33;

You saved the day&#33; I am so thankful&#33;

With appreciation, Wendy O&#39;

guest_Ryan

Okay so I just downloaded this new version 2 on my new laptop here at school and I like version 1 waaaay more. I can&#39;t get it off my old computer cause it&#39;s at home and I&#39;m here at school. Does anyone know of a place where I can download Webshots 1? Thanks so much.