Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

CALM

I got the Blaster virus last August and downloaded the patch from Microsoft and removed it with the antivirus. Also blocked it from operating with the ZoneAlarm setting.
    It came back. Computer shut down all by itself after a few weeks. So I reinstalled the MS patch (which I had on a floppy) and removed it with the antivirus.
    Fine until last week.
    THE !@%$@%@ THING IS BACK!
    Computer shuts off and there it is listed on my ZONEALARM list of programs. All I've done so far is disable the ZA permission. WHAT is going on here?? Why does it keep reappearing? Any suggestions? Reformat? Any ideas? (I am having MAJOR problems with ^%#%$#&^$NORTON but that is another topic)
    I use NS 4.0 email and NS 7.0 browser.
    Thanks for any help!
    Chris

As long as you have the RPC exploit patched, which you should - it won't harm you. It won't return unless you are vulnerable to the RPC exploit.
    Alex Levine
    OldVersion.com
    Helper

Mouse

ms windows are 100% hackable. I know some people who even get patches....and they still get hacked by some worms.
    i really do not patch my system anymore becuz thsoe patchs can mess up your system.

FIREWALL is way to go. block all open ports you have.

run port scanner on yourself and see and grab some firewall that blocks ports.

TheBulbasaurfreak

and have up to date virus protection.

Administrator

there is several strains of this virus, if you have got the necessary patches from microsoft use these and then go to, www.symantec.com and download a blaster removal tool,the free removal tools that symantec offer are real good stuff and should get all strains of this virus for you
    simply me