Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

David

Hi , people on oldversion.com forum, i made a wonderfull patch for kazaa lite 2.4.3 . This patch will be the solution on the backup problem. The problem is, if you restore a backup of windows you cant use kazaalite anymore. So i created some registery keys (.reg) and if you click on them twice you can use kazaa again with out installing it again. This register keys will i put in a setup, but you can also download them in a .zip format. But oldversion must place it on there website. My patch will come for kazaalite, kazaa, morpheus, napster, emule, shareaza. Just use the register keys to patch kazaa or a other p2p program.

Super Moderator

Originally posted by David@Feb 5 2004, 07:27 AM
    The problem is, if you restore a backup of windows you cant use kazaalite anymore.
    What do you mean you can not use it after you run your backup? I use disk cloning/imaging for backups and have never had any app refuse to run after reinstallation of the backup.
    When I had used MS Backup, i never had a program refuse to work either. When you make your backups, you have to also backup the registry, thats vital to any suceessful backup procedure.

Since this is a registry patch you talking about, and a registry patch is just a txt file one imports/exports into their registry, you can post the text in a thread if your really wanting to help people out, this way we can look over and see exactly what sort of registry keys you are modifying.
    unlike apps, you can paste the full contents of the registry fix in a thread.
    No need to host a patch on a site, it's easily "hosted" in the thread.

the observer

Originally posted by David@Feb 5 2004, 07:27 AM
    Hi , people on oldversion.com forum, i made a wonderfull patch for kazaa lite 2.4.3 . This patch will be the solution on the backup problem. The problem is, if you restore a backup of windows you cant use kazaalite anymore. So i created some registery keys (.reg) and if you click on them twice you can use kazaa again with out installing it again. This register keys will i put in a setup, but you can also download them in a .zip format. But oldversion must place it on there website. My patch will come for kazaalite, kazaa, morpheus, napster, emule, shareaza. Just use the register keys to patch kazaa or a other p2p program.
    :blink: a program will only be a problem after installing from a backup if the back up was not created properly in the first place,as LF has already said please explain what you are saying, also why you believe it doesnt work after installing from a backup. perhaps you could enlighten us a little, or is this another method of bumping kazaa up the listings ? <_<

Default The Patch.

Hi David,
    Do you have a copy of the patch mentioned on one of the WinMX webpages? Or do you know where I can download this patch. I appreciate any help you can give me concerning this patch. My Username is Snapper384. Also Btrue2U@netsape.com

This is the exact words used on the WinMX webpage: On September 13, 2005, Frontcode Technologies received a cease and desist letter from the RIAA asking them to implement filters to make it impossible for users to download copyrighted material from WinMX, or shut down. Under the threat of litigation, on September 21, 2005 the network and the WinMX homepage were confirmed offline.

WinMX users are suggested to either apply a patch which would connect them to a user-driven WinMX network. Thanks Very Much. If there is anything that I can do for you,
    let me know and I will.

Snapper384

Any further discussions regarding this SHOULD NOT BE DONE ON THIS THREAD!!

They caused alot of problems here and stuff like this shouldnt be discussed openly!!

Thank you
    Last edited by The Dude; 07-22-2006 at 11:56 PM.

thnxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Welcome to da site me friend

hi david u there

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Doomshine View Post
    hi david u there
    after all this time and being a guest then i very much doubt it.thousands used to fly in ask a question andd then fly out again never to be heard of again,perhaps he was one of them.
    simply me