Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Aim Problems

I have 5.2.3277 and as of late, i cannot connect USING VOICE to anyone!!!!!!

I havent changed anything,and i dont understand this.........

Thank you all,

The Dude
    Last edited by The Dude; 06-22-2007 at 11:38 PM.

Super Moderator

Are you running a firewall? if yes, make sure you have both TCP & UDP ports open for access, if AIM uses those. You might need to also forward the ports it uses to the inside lan, otherwise you wont be able to have someone establish a connection to you.

YEs buddy,but i tried taking the firewall down and still nothing!!!!!!!!

I tried contacting road runner support (They werent much help)

Me: Hi curtis,hoiw are you??
    Curtis T.: I'm fine.
    Me: Thats kewl I was wondering if they have done anything with ports lately,cause i can no longer connect VOICE using aim!!
    Curtis T.: Before we begin, may we have the first and last name, and the phone number with the area code of the account holder please?
    Me: Well curtis,im using your network to get to my isp (Earthlink) so my issues are with you guys (I wish we had road runner,we are stuck with earthlink)
    Curtis T.: Please provide the contact information requested above, or we will need to end this chat to assist other customers.
    Me: OK......Can you help me with finding out why AIM doesnt work on voice????? We dont have data seervice with you guys,we have CABLE SERVICE my friend (TV) but we have data only to get to earthlink (Is this wehat you meanm??)
    Curtis T.: Because you cannot provide the information that we require, this chat is now being closed. If you have no further issues that we can assist you with, you may end the chat session by clicking on the Hang Up button and a chat transcript will be displayed for you. Once again thank you for choosing Road Runner!

I am running a router and blackice firewall,both of which i have used voice many a times!!!

I dunno........Thanx LF!!

The Dude
    Last edited by The Dude; 06-22-2007 at 11:41 PM.

Super Moderator

Did you happen to make any changes to the Router or Blackice? Such as upgrading Blackice?
    If your using AOL to do voice chat and its possible the problem could be either partys firewalling, why dont you try another application? Such as Skype
      Skype is free and simple software that will enable you to make free calls anywhere in the world in minutes. Skype, created by the people who brought you KaZaA uses innovative P2P (peer-to-peer) technology to connect you with other Skype users. If you are tired of paying outrageous fees for telephony, Skype is for you!
      Skype calls have excellent sound quality and are highly secure with end-to-end encryption. Best of all, Skype does not require you to reconfigure your firewall or router—it just works!

HI LF,

YES i upgraded blackice to the latest build (3.6.ccf) But i took it DOWn AND STIILL NOTHING!!!!!!!!&#3 3;!

I dunno,ill look @ skype!!!!!!!

The Dude

Super Moderator

Did you make any changes to the routers settings, since the router most likely also includes packet filtering, your running 2 firewalls; the router and blackice, this can cause conflicts.