Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Incredimail

CRitter

I recently downloaded the newest version of incredimail (email program) and didnt like it. I still have the install file from an older version. I uninstalled incredimail, then tried to install the older version. It gave me a message saying it detected a newer version and directed me to the website to download it. My question is, there has to be something left behind from the uninstall that is causing this...does anyone know how to completely get rid of incredimail so I can go back to the old version?? Thanks in advance.

-=CRitter=-

Super Moderator

As with most programs, this one also might write entries into the registry, which may not be properly removed when uninstalled. When you go to install an older verison, those registry entries are still found, which flag that 'unable to install' notice.
    Make sure you uninstall the program, and then look in to the C:\Program Files\ folder for any leftover folder, delete those as well.
    make sure there is nothing left in the c:\temp folder.
    If you did this, and are still unable to install an older version, then there are indeed entries in the registry keeping you from installing the verion you prefer.
    You could manually remove every entry in the registry, but some will still be missed since you would not know what CLSID's where installed if any.

This is why you should begin a registry backup policy, backup registry before installing software, then you can always roll back the reg if you want to change the software install with little fuss.

You might have some success with a registry cleaner, which can remove old entries.
    http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...159&hl=regclean