Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Mandate439

When downloading versions of Kazaa Lite 2.0.2 and above, I receive the following error:

Error creating registry key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\K++

RegCreateKeyEx failed; code 5.
    Access is denied.

Does anyone know what this means and/or how I am to fix it?

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Mandate439@Feb 15 2004, 10:48 PM
    When downloading versions of Kazaa Lite 2.0.2 and above, I receive the following error:
    When downloading? Don't you mean when installing?
    When you write for help on any forum, please include alittle info, in this case, the Operating system version. Otherwise we are left up to guessing, which is what i am going to do now.
    If your running a ver of Windows from the NT family (NT, W2k, XP), are you logged in as the Admin? Do you have permission to install software under your user account?

Mandate439

Sorry about that, I'm new here so thanks for the info. Yes, I meant installing, I am using XP, and I am an administrator. I actually tried installing K-Lite on another user (which is also an administrator), and the install was succesful; the error didn't occur. I really can offer no information as to why it would not install on one user and not the other. I was wondering if anyone had some insight as to some possible reasons for this error to occur on one user and not the other.

Super Moderator

Why would you need to install the software twice? If the first time it was successful, the program should be installed and made available for any users. You may need to log out of all users for the software to be made available for everyone - if permission are set accordingly. But i can see no reason why you need to install the software more than once. Unless you mean you installed it on another computer?