Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: N-case adware

titans1127

how do i get rid of n-case? id uninstall it but it would come back. i then used ad-aware it would work but then the program would magically comeback to my computer. how do i get rid of it where it wont come back?

http://www.pchell.com/support/ncase.shtml

Be sure to back-up your registry before messing with it.

If your copy came bundled with downloaded software, the software in question may stop functioning.

Super Moderator

Another good example why you should set the ActiveX controls to either disabled or prompt.
    Disabling the ActiveX wont hurt too much, there are some websites that require this to even enter - this is a poor example of a webpage also.
    But if you frequent sites which require ActiveX and you enjoy watching and downloading these Shockwave and Flash sites, then set your IE settings to prompt you, this way if you go to a site you are sure you can trust, then you can click YES, if you are surfin through the web and land on a site you did not plan to - such as a sneaky redirect, and it trys to install junk on your computer via ActiveX, then you can click NO.

Check the pinned topic in the Programs board for some spyware removal tools, some spyware preventive tools - ones that will not let a page hijack your homepage.

Beta

This is an excellent link for killing spyware http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/ and the home page is a good read too.