Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Just Wondered

Administrator

ive been wondering for ages about zone alarm and was gonna give it a try, are the downloads on the main site trial versions ? or was it a free program
    thanks
    simply me

Super Moderator

I've never used the program, never even demo'd it. So i do not know the status of the app. It was also requested before and there are more links in the forum and the ones half way down the page are supposedly freeware.
    http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...59&hl=zonealarm
    If your looking for a firewall, then are several Freeware & Shareware versions in this thread.
    http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...&st=0#entry2970

Zone Alarm has a free version that is a good functional firewall. It also has "pay" version that contain other security and privacy options. As far as I know Oldversion is only offering the older versions of the "free" software.

Some people have complained that the newer versions have given them a "resource hog" problem. If you have an older computer, and don't want or need all the extras, the versions offered here are a good option.

BTW: By using other cookie control software, pop-up blockers, and tweaking your browser security and privacy settings, you can still get most of the security that is offered in the pro (pay) versions. The free firewall will be sufficient.