Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    epp_b

I tried to use a custom Avatar from an image URL on this forum, but it won't show up. Why not? The URL is correct, I've made sure of that.

Beta

Originally posted by epp_b@Nov 24 2002, 03:51 PM
    I tried to use a custom Avatar from an image URL on this forum, but it won't show up. *Why not? The URL is correct, I've made sure of that.
    You might be trying to display an image from a free Yahoo! GeoCities account, which won't allow you to do so because of Remote Loading. Why can't you do that? Simple, Remote Loading is a violation of the Yahoo! GeoCities Terms of Service.

You might have a different web hosting service (ex: Tripod) that does not allow Remote Loading just like Yahoo! GeoCities.

If not, check out this post:
    Pinned: Oldversion.com Image Hosting

I hope this helps. If it doesn't, let me know.

Last edited by lightsup55 at Nov 25 2002, 01:26 AM

epp_b

Nope, it didn't work. And, I wasn't using Yahoo or anything like that either. Therefore, I don't see what the point was to upload to http://upload.ipaska.com/. I tried it anyway though -- didn't work. I was using my image from http://www.pdcweb.net/~bepp/ftp/avatar.gif

I also tried uploading the image in the user control panel, and it tells me that an error occurs every time.

Originally posted by epp_b@Nov 25 2002, 11:56 PM
    Nope, it didn't work. And, I wasn't using Yahoo or anything like that either. Therefore, I don't see what the point was to upload to http://upload.ipaska.com/. I tried it anyway though -- didn't work. I was using my image from http://www.pdcweb.net/~bepp/ftp/avatar.gif

I also tried uploading the image in the user control panel, and it tells me that an error occurs every time.
    Hm, well we will be upgrading to Invision Board 1.1 once the final comes out (it's on beta 4 atm) so hopefully that will fix the bug. Regarding your question of the point of upload.ipaska.com is for people that do not have the web space or bandwidth to host images.
    Alex Levine
    OldVersion.com
    Helper

Beta

Originally posted by ABlix@Nov 26 2002, 12:08 AM
    the point of upload.ipaska.com is for people that do not have the web space or bandwidth to host images
    Don't forget what I mentioned above about those who can't use thier web space to upload an image (or any other file besides HTML) because "Remote Loading" is not allowed.

Ric Gates

I made a test page and epp_b's avatar.gif loaded fine, so that's not the problem.

--
    | Ric

Ric Gates

Did you try this?

*edited with the request of the bandwidth owner. ABlix.

Last edited by ABlix at Nov 27 2002, 12:31 AM

epp_b

Yeah, that's the one...Oh, I just thought of something. I'm going to be uploading my Avatars from now on. Would you remove that post please? With all due respect, I don't want unsolicited traffic coming to this server.

If you can't delete the post, can I ask that OldVersion.com site admin remove this thread? Thanks

Done
    Alex Levine
    OldVersion.com
    Helper

Ric Gates

Originally posted by epp_b@Nov 27 2002, 12:28 AM
    Would you remove that post please?
    Well if I ever get off my butt and register I would've just deleted the whole message...