Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jazz

hi out of all the p2p sharing softwares can you guys tell me which one was was the best for you??and why plz!! :P

Super Moderator

A similar topic was asked already, you can check the thread for some possible answers to your question.
    What File Sharing Program Is Best?, so many choices...

jazz

thanks a heap..am already half way thru it.

myfriendwilly7

those posts are all old, just stay here and read what willy has to offer.

you didnt say whether u were downloading music or video or apps. winmx, unfortunately, is the best for music. i hope it doesnt stay that way cuz i hate the opennap network. good luck downloading anything but the most popular songs, cuz the cue lines for stuff not widely available is weeks long and u have to stay on the network constantly for that or u will move to the back of the line.

kazaa lite is THE BEST for anything; unfortunately it has been shut down, meaning if you dont already have it you are S.O.L... and im sure kazaa will find a way to kick k-lite off their network soon. no? why not, they kicked morpheus off in all of about 5 minutes a couple years ago.

Back to winmx. Horrible for video or apps. My suggestion? Take the time to find the kazaa lite THRU winmx, and then use that until it is completely shut out of the network. If you only download music, and dont download uncommon music, stick with winmx. Unlike kazaa it is generally free of the fake mp3s that turn into static after about 10 seconds. Also winmx is full of high quality (192kbps and up) mp3s.

"The Big Willy"

jazz

Originally posted by myfriendwilly7@Mar 25 2004, 12:57 AM
    those posts are all old, just stay here and read what willy has to offer.

you didnt say whether u were downloading music or video or apps. winmx, unfortunately, is the best for music. i hope it doesnt stay that way cuz i hate the opennap network. good luck downloading anything but the most popular songs, cuz the cue lines for stuff not widely available is weeks long and u have to stay on the network constantly for that or u will move to the back of the line.

kazaa lite is THE BEST for anything; unfortunately it has been shut down, meaning if you dont already have it you are S.O.L... and im sure kazaa will find a way to kick k-lite off their network soon. no? why not, they kicked morpheus off in all of about 5 minutes a couple years ago.

Back to winmx. Horrible for video or apps. My suggestion? Take the time to find the kazaa lite THRU winmx, and then use that until it is completely shut out of the network. If you only download music, and dont download uncommon music, stick with winmx. Unlike kazaa it is generally free of the fake mp3s that turn into static after about 10 seconds. Also winmx is full of high quality (192kbps and up) mp3s.

"The Big Willy"
    hi thanks yeah i mean to use it for music only i mean songs, and videos both.....so where can i get the software from??

myfriendwilly7

For winmx, just go to www.winmx.com . It takes some getting used to, and the user interface isnt very pretty (when installing, choose dark on light, not the other way around.. you will understand what i mean when you get to it. if you dont, you can still change this later, but trust me, dark text on light background is way easier on the eyes.) Once you get used to it, downloading music will be easy.

However. For video (heh, heh. j/k i dl movies too... i swear...) id just suggest looking for the k-lite++ installer through winmx. Or get kazaa lite from this site. Klite++ just has some cool options some other kazaa hacks dont, and i havent tried the versions from here.

"The Big Willy"

Super Moderator

Originally posted by myfriendwilly7@Mar 25 2004, 02:47 AM
    choose dark on light, not the other way around.. you will understand what i mean when you get to it. if you dont, you can still change this later, but trust me, dark text on light background is way easier on the eyes.)
    I never used winmx, but on all my terminals (xterm, rvt, vt100, vt220) I have always run bright green fonts on black background. this is the way I have set up my ttys as well.
    What exact colors are you chosing?
    I've always found it more difficult to locate the fonts with a bright background.
    Even on my MS Windows machines I use a black background, no wallpaper.

I suppose it not as difficult when searching for files, than when your compiling thousands of line of code, which flies past so quickly you want the errors to stand out.

myfriendwilly7

The color thing is just my opinion. However, I find the contrast between dropdown menus and the search box to be far better with dark on light (which is what most everything is... internet sites, windows default unless you change it, etc. This site is dark on light.) Otherwise everything kind of looks all the same.

As for exact colors, you dont have an option. It simply asks you dark on light or light on dark, and you choose one.

"The Big Willy"

Super Moderator

The first thing I do is disable all Fonts, Colors, Backgrounds for web sites under whatever browser I am using, so I do not have to see backgrounds. then set up each browser to use my own specified CSS.
    Which I find alot easier to control sites layouts, I just need to change 1 setting in my css and all sites visited will now be formatted in my own preferrences.
    After posting the last message, I had thought about the black on white, Yes, it works fine for webpages, just not on terminals.

myfriendwilly7

I suppose that would let you load sites very quickly. I like all the content, however, including pictures, sounds, and backgrounds. As the forum mod, I would imagine all you need to see most of the time is text! I, however, go to car sites, music sites, and all sorts of media-oriented sites, and so I prefer to see all the content. Hey, I'm 16, thats what we do. We like cars, music, girls...

"The Big Willy"