Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Trial

stud

i notice oldversion has nero ultra edition, could you advise me of how much this roughly costs to purchase if i like it, i dont want to download and try if its too expensive i wont bother as im on dial up and it takes ages, cheers

As any company can change their prices on their website sometimes overnight, you're better off checking on this information for yourself. The link to their purchase page with their prices is listed below.

https://secure.nero.com/us/secure.asp

Super Moderator

If you do not wish you purchase a license for Nero, there are alternatives, some FREEWARE ones which work well also.
    Check the threads here for freeware CD Recording apps.
    http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...8&hl=burnatonce

Administrator

<_< http://www.deepburner.com/ heard about this recently and gave it a go, an excellent program and totally free now who was it told me about that
    simply me

guest_Tom

Buy Nero version 3 or 4 on e-bay. I brought mine for a quid then purchase an upgrade license from Ahead (Nero). Save yourself a few bob that way&#33;

stud

cheers for the info tom, just bought a copy 1.50 today itll do for me

guest_Tom

Glad to be of help. What version did you get?

If it is older than 5.5.10 (I think ?) you will not get any of the encoding capbilities. I use NERO&#39;s AAC/MP4 codec hence the need to purchase.

stud

the version is 5.5.5.1 its perfect i dont think i will bother with upgrading as it does more than i will ever need, at the moment anyways. cheers to all for the help

Super Moderator

Originally posted by guest_Tom@Feb 24 2004, 04:58 AM
    I use NERO&#39;s AAC/MP4 codec hence the need to purchase.
    Ivan and Menno both work on the MP4/AAC encoder, and Menno has developed a Free AAC encoder/decoder (FAAC & FAAD), which can be found elsewhere&#39;s. Ivan&#39;s company has developed the Psytel AAC encoder, though its not free now it to can be found in its older release states which were free.
    I believe the Mpeg4ip package does include the FAAC. Mpeg4ip can also be found for free, in binary and source form.

guest_Tom

Originally posted by locustfurnace+Feb 24 2004, 02:01 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (locustfurnace @ Feb 24 2004, 02:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--guest_Tom@Feb 24 2004, 04:58 AM
    I use NERO&#39;s AAC/MP4 codec hence the need to purchase.
    Ivan and Menno both work on the MP4/AAC encoder, and Menno has developed a Free AAC encoder/decoder (FAAC & FAAD), which can be found elsewhere&#39;s. Ivan&#39;s company has developed the Psytel AAC encoder, though its not free now it to can be found in its older release states which were free.
    I believe the Mpeg4ip package does include the FAAC. Mpeg4ip can also be found for free, in binary and source form. [/b][/quote]
    Sadly FAAC is not up to speed just yet and at the listening tests lost to the Psytel one which was over two years old at the time. Ahead&#39;s (Nero) Codec is developed from the Psytel one but now surpasses it due to the extensive work Menno and Ivan have done on it.

You could have added Winamp and Itunes both which have AAC and are free (you need to purchase Winamp 5 Pro if you want to encode at greater speeds than 2X which the free version is limited to)

FAAC can be found in Foobar 2000. You can download both Pystel and FAAC at [URL=http://rarewares.hydrogenaudio.org/]Rarewares.