Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ie

Super Moderator

Yes, that would be it.

I would give it a try, but there are many other more interesting OS's to use then windows. and I really dont see any great reason to do this for windows. other then just for a hard copy backup, of which I got handled with a program called Partimage.
    otherwise I would have tried it, just for a good backup.
    but since windows doesnt provide enough good networking tools, like SSH, NFS, Bootp, and others, by default. it would just be a - when I am absolutely bored, i would give it a whirl.
    but for those who only use windows, it might be a very useful tool.

would be good for a windows tech, maybe.

CALM

HA. I must be the only person who uses NETSCAPE. I LOVE it. I use the 4.0, 4.7 and 7.02. it is very stable for me on a W98 AMD 333 and the brand new Athlon 2800.

The_Muffin_Man

Dude, Netscape stinks. Get MoZilla. However, I still commend you for dumping IE. Too bad there is no way to uninstall the **** thing. Remove the files for it, and it automatically restores them (at least for my experiences)

Super Moderator

Originally posted by The_Muffin_Man@Jun 6 2003, 12:45 PM
    Too bad there is no way to uninstall the **** thing. Remove the files for it, and it automatically restores them (at least for my experiences)
    did you try Win98lite?
    it will remove IE from your system.

Release Candiate 1

Locustfurnace is correct, There is also a program that I have talked about called IEradicator that will remove IE and also help files that replace any important missing files.
    98 lite