Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Moderator

Originally posted by myfriendwilly7+Mar 25 2004, 01:34 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (myfriendwilly7 @ Mar 25 2004, 01:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>As an admaker, why not compress to a 8000hz 8 bit ogg file? Then it would be REALLY small.[/b]

You would still have to make sure your target audience has a ogg decoder. All computers can handle wav formats. Not all have the ability to decode oggs.

Originally posted by -myfriendwilly7@Mar 25 2004, 01:34 AM
    and locustfurnace, just cuz i disagreed with you on one topic doesnt mean you have to search out every one of my posts and try to find something wrong with them.
    Who&#39;s searching them out?, they are upped to the top of the pile, and I check each new posting for content, making sure there is nothing which is in conflict with the site. And with your postings, I am just replying, so don&#39;t take offense. This is what I do. Some boards might be slow with replies, this one is not.

<!--QuoteBegin--myfriendwilly7
    @Mar 25 2004, 01:34 AM
    That runs under Internet Explorer, which has a build in mp3 decoder among other things. [/quote]
    If the ads open in IE, just tell IE not to play sounds.

myfriendwilly

You could tell IE not to play sounds, but then you would miss all the other wanted sounds. Why would you do that? Just close the Aim Today box and if you really want to read it then reopen it.

>>You would still have to make sure your target audience has a ogg >>decoder. All computers can handle wav formats. Not all have the ability >>to decode oggs.

I believe i said it didnt have to be ogg. My point was that since IE allows you to embed mp3s, it could very well be an mp3. And i also said that it does that among other things, meaning if it had an ogg decoder (yes i know, it doesnt-- but i said it could be something LIKE ogg) then it could use it.

"The Big Willy"

Super Moderator

Personally I disable all sounds, animation, flash, javascritping, ActiveX in any browser I use, from Konqueror, Galeon, Slim Browser. and I run text only browsers; Lynx & links, on my servers.
    I dont find the loss of the sounds and the rest too great, since I am mostly interested in content. I dont think there has even been a sound I wanted to hear on a website.