Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alice

I am not receiving notification of an "You have received a new email message from *********), when I am logged into MSN Messenger, I have several email hotmail accounts and this problem occurs with some of the accounts, (I have sent a test email to the problem acccounts to see if they receive this message), I then have to log out of MSN Messenger and re log bag in again to see the number of messages received in my Hotmail in box.
    (I am not logged into MSN Messenger with all accounts, only 1 at a time)

Super Moderator

I do not run this program, if some accounts work and some do not, then you need to recheck your settings for the accounts which do not work.
    This problem your experiencing would be better posted to the actual developers of the program; Microsoft. Oldversion.com just hosts these files, they do not develop them.
    The very first place to check for issues would be the developers site. If you can not find a answer on their help sites, then you might want to email them.

Administrator

another point with msn , there are a lot of programs that will let you see if some one is logged in and has blocked you or logged in and is set to invisible, i personally tried these for a laugh after downloading off the net and they completely stuffed up all sort with my messenger, if you have tried these by any chance i would recommend just reinstalling msn etc. it was the only way i could sort the problems i had.
    simply me

Alice

I do not run this program, if some accounts work and some do not, then you need to recheck your settings for the accounts which do not work.

(re your reply lostfurnace, where would I need to go to check the settings for the accounts which do not work)?

Super Moderator

Sorry, as stated, I do not run this program. So I can not tell you were to find the options, settings, account info.
    When the program is open and running, try clicking on the HELP menu, then search through for account settings.

Calvin

MSN Main Menu -> Tools -> Options -> General -> Make sure "Display Alerts when email is received" is checked.

Alice

All alerts are ticked to receive notification of instant email messages, any further advice what the problem is?

Super Moderator

Originally posted by MSN Messenger flaw allows hard-drive access @ http://news.com.com/2100-1002-5171898.html?tag=cd_top
    March 9, 2004, 1:28 PM PST
    Microsoft has revealed three new vulnerabilities in its software, including the first to affect MSN Messenger 6.0 and is urging customers to patch their systems now.

MSN Messenger versions 6.0 and 6.1 could let an attacker view the contents of a victim's hard drive during a chat session with the victim.