Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Videos On Ie

me

hey i use the newest version of IE and for some reason it wont let me view any of the videos, it just shows some black and the the play and stop buttons, and help on this?

Super Moderator

What videos? Be more specific. Are they Quicktime, Real Networks RealVideo's, are they Mpegs. Mpegs4, DivX Avi's, asf's?

IE does not handle all formats, you might need to install additional third party apps to permit IE to use the plug-ins to then show you the videos.

me

yea, i dont know what the hell those are i just click on the link and then it doesnt work.

Super Moderator

When you find a link, you can try Right Clicking on the link and selecting properties. this may help give you an idea as to what media type it is. But this route works in limited situations these days as most people usually end up using cgi-bin and php and asp and a whole bunch of ways to serve out files. This why they can avoid the old Hot-Linking problems.

On those pages you watching video on, you might want to look around for more info on the format they are using. Even if they are using Windows Video, there is several versions of wmv, so you will need to make sure you have the latest.