Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: eraser

Default eraser

they are redoing the GUI for the program and i don't really like it. Can someone please archive the 5.5 version?

Administrator

you missed the pinned topic for making requests,please follow it it greatly increases your chances of someone answering and finding the file you need.
    simply me

no i actually think this program should be stored on the site to ensure others can have access to it. i have a copy but here it is:

Program Name: Eraser
    Current version: 6.0
    Desired versions: 5.7 and 5.8
    Description: Eraser is an advanced security tool for Windows which allows you to completely remove sensitive data from your hard drive by overwriting it several times with carefully selected patterns. Works with Windows 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows Server 2003 and Server 2008.

Beta

Oh hi.

Quote Originally Posted by silver163 View Post
    [...]
    Description: Eraser is an advanced security tool for Windows which allows you to completely remove sensitive data from your hard drive by overwriting it several times with carefully selected patterns. Works with Windows 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows Server 2003 and Server 2008.
    By the way : Secure deletion: a single overwrite will do it - The H: Security news and Open source developments

Release Candiate 1

CCleaner.com have a free programme that will securely clean your computer, by removing Temp int files, including the history index, and cookies. It will also remove redundant registry keys, or those you chose. You can select cookies you want to keep, and also save the registry keys you delete.