Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Josiah

Hello all! A friend gave me this site and I needed the old version of MusicMatch and I could not find it anywere! till I came here thanks alot! But I was wondering if anyone know's what program I can use to convert MIDI too WAV or MP3 I really NEEEEEED something ASAP and FREEEE if possible. Thanks alot!!!!!!! h34r:

go to download.com and find it

Super Moderator

Please notice the board your posting to, as you posted this under the GENERAL, while the thread was a request, so it should have been posted under the Request Board.
    Midi2Wav Recorder Homepage
    WavMaker homepage

gofergal

i love goldwave ive had it for years and i suppose its still out there and still free

http://download.com.com/3001-2170-10107438.html

yup there it is

Super Moderator

Originally posted by gofergal@Mar 19 2004, 12:27 AM
    i love goldwave...and still free
    Goldwave is a wav editor, not a midi-to-wav converter. It is also and has been for a long time; Shareware, not Freeware, it is free to download.

guest_ben

i just did it through my sound card. most speakers now days have a headphone jack. plug a cable into that, and the other end in the microphone or line in jack on your sound card. you can even use the volume knob to control recording volume in real time. :P

Super Moderator

You 'can' fry your soundcard this way also. The voltage from the output can ruin your card instantly. If the line-in can not or was not designed for the higher voltage level of the line-out.
    A loopback cable sometimes has voltage reduction in the design to limit the voltage levels. Just becareful, and also, if the output is not clean, you will be reintroducing noise into the signal. Most soundcards are not not High-End equipment, unless you paid a few thousand for them.

And what your doing is absolutely not necessary today, most or all sound cards are Full-Duplex these days, meaning they can play and record at the same time.
    Just load a recording app, and play the MIDI through a different player.

There are several free online services, like media-convert.com, that allow converting files without any sound card. But I don't use them, as my internet connection is not quite perfect, and I have quite a number of midis. Such free programs offer a very limited number of soundfonts and slow down conversion. That's why I bought a special program-converter that is called MIDI Converter Studio. I am very satisfied with it and will recommend it to everybody.

Beta

IMHO, the easiest way to convert any audio file to .wav is WinAmp, using its good old "Nullsoft Disk Writer" output plugin. And that's freeware.

Quote Originally Posted by Constance View Post
    IMHO, the easiest way to convert any audio file to .wav is WinAmp, using its good old "Nullsoft Disk Writer" output plugin. And that's freeware.
    Nope, your forget about performance. Just for example, you have 5 min. MIDI track. Winamp will convert it within 5 minutes, MIDI to MP3 Converter will convert it within 15 seconds. Feel the difference.