Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Some Help.

taupat2009

can someone help me. these ads keep poping up. i got yahoo popup blocker but that doesn't help. I just downloaded ad-ware but that didn't help. I all so tried spy bot. is there a program that could get red of them.

thanks in advance.

Super Moderator

Try Webwasher it is free for personal use.
    WebWasher
    Install it, then set your browser to route through the program, as webwasher is a filtering proxy. it works very well.
    Also, if you want to change your web browser I would suggest Slimbrowser as it has a built-in pop-up stopper, its Free also.
    Slimbrowser

TheBulbasaurfreak

Check the sticky thread in the programs board about spyware.

Here

Administrator

try this page as well http://www.webattack.com/Freeware/misctool...wpopblock.shtml theres many to chose from.
    simply me

taupat2009

i tried all three things. none of them is working. Slimbrowser is cool but that doesn't help. I prefere my old browser. anymore idea.

Super Moderator

Ok, are these pop-up's happening when you surf the internet, or are they when your using a chat program?
    I use Slimbrowser & webwasher, and never had a single pop-up while using them, so I do not understand your problem.
    The browser by default needs to be instructed to block, it wont do it automatically, and it is your IE browser just with an overlay.
    Can you drop a link of one of the offending websites which your having problems with pop-ups from.
    Webwasher will block pop-ups as well as in-line banners. I find your difficulty perplexing.

taupat2009

its not popup im 100% sure. i think its adware. it only happens when i go on the internet.it doesn't happen when im chating.

taupat2009

maybe ad-watch will help. does anyone have ad-watch.

Super Moderator

ok to better understand what your problem is, please give alittle more info.
    Does it happen on websites? what exactly is it? a banner? where does it happen. Check the pinned topic for adware apps.

taupat2009

ok my home page is yahoo.com and i have dsl.every time i turn on the internet a thing just keeps poping up. if i close the internet nothing happens. if a play cheackers online nothing happens. if i chat online with aim nothing happens. when i go on the internet things popup, and the popups says u could win a coputer u could win this.............