Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

gofergal

I used to have an older version of photo deluxe i believe 2.0... and I lost my computer. can someone help me find it again? its so much easier to use for quick jobs than the other photo programs out there.
    thanks

Super Moderator

Originally posted by FAQS@ http://www.oldversion.com/faq.php
    Why do you only have freeware and shareware?
    This is not a "warez" site. We are able to legally distribute only freeware and shareware, since they are free.
    Please read the pinned topic How to Request an App if your not certain on how to make a request, then add the necessary info back into this thread.
    I do not see anywhere indicating if this was downloadable as shareware, you can possibly find it for sell here.

gofergal

Sorry I am new here. I got the adobe photo deluxe software as part of my scanner software so I didn't really buy it. I believe it was Photo Deluxe 2.0 They have discontinued their 4.0 home version so I couldn't even buy that one now. My computer crashed and I cannot find the software to reinstall the photo deluxe program. Maybe there is another EASY program for converting jpg and bmp files and reducing the resolutions so they are easily emailed. Please anyone help me on this?
    I have JASC Paintshop pro v 8 and its way too complicated to use for a quick shrink.
    thanks

Super Moderator

There are many older versions posted of Adobe Photoshop in the forum mind you they are shareware versions.

Had you stated what you wanted to accomplish in the first post, i would have suggested you try the Freeware Xnview, support of more than 400 graphics formats.
    I also prefer an old version of an app to do all my jpeg batch conversion, after taking pics with the digitial camera, I usually had saved as bitmaps (.bmps) i will then feed them through a shareware program called LviewPro 1.D2, which it's build date is 1996. They are still making this title, but I did not like all the extra bloat it has become.
    It is very simple to convert hundreds of images with LviewPro, just open the program, select all the images you want to convert in Windows Explorer, and drag them over to the Lviewpro window, and drop them, and they convert, compress, or whatever you set up the batch function to be.
    I have not found any other apps which compressed as good as this one does, or as fast.
    For batch conversion of png files, I usually use a UNIX app called "convert" which is a tool from ImageMagick.
    You should have luck with the XnView.

If you want to try the LviewPro 1.D, you can download an older version of it from the link below, it is 300kbs, so it is small, and it does not install, so it runs as soon as you click on the file.

Default Photo deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by gofergal View Post
    I used to have an older version of photo deluxe i believe 2.0... and I lost my computer. can someone help me find it again? its so much easier to use for quick jobs than the other photo programs out there.
    thanks
    Hi gofergal ,

I agree with you that photo deluxe is easy to use . I had lost my cd version of it too . I went and bought Corel Paint shop pro x and photo explosion , and I just wasted my money . Then I thought of EBay . I checked it out and there was a ver. 3 available . I bid on it and got it for $3.25 plus $3.00 postage . To me that was a bargain and it was in perfect shape . There are still some more photo deluxe available cd's available at Ebay . If you don't have an account , you'll have to get one to do any bidding . You may also have to get a pay pal account if the seller will only accept that .

Yosh

Default photodeluxe

I,m a great pfdl fan,,way back wenn,,in de stoneadge i got 1.0 free whit my canner and there are still things i cant do faster ore easeyer than whit my old trusty rusty progg and beleve me Ive tryed,,photoshop correldraw and now i,m irrateting myself whit gymp yess they have lots of nice new features,,love gimp for the 'smudge'but no ín 2 minutes adjust the collors,,brigten up,,resise, cut outthe stupid thingy in the back,,and resize and refile and presto send.. If stil got the cd but winows7 seems to think I'f tryed to insert a clay tablet ore something so if I cant find a reasenly working form of phd I'll have to digg up my old comp,,and run it under 98 ore milenium,,and export and resend an all that crap
    realley not looking forward to that.....

greetings from holland

old an derserate lady
    lyonesse67@hotmail.com