Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Administrator

Default how much is your motor fuel.

gasoline here in the uk is currently 96.9 pence per litre what are americas and other places gasoline/petrol prices for running your cars,i think uk is around the most expensive there is.
    simply me

When I have to switch the motor on it burns diesel,but what annoys me is that a component of its /litre pricing is a road tax and if that motor is ever traveling over a road I've either made a huge mistake or just passed Atlantis.

Super Moderator

1 gallon = 3.79litres

Current Petroleum prices for gasoline powered vehicles is $2.85 per gallon USD in the Eastern US. So thats about $0.75 USD per litre.

$1.00 is equal to £0.50
    $1.00 is equal to €0.73

Not sure on the exact conversion for pence. Doing the conversion under EURO or GBP might be easier.

Here is a gasoline pricing around the world chart.
    http://money.cnn.com/pf/features/lis...ces/price.html

Notice how CHEAP VENEZUELA is getting theirs for! Even Russia is getting a great deal. But VENEZUELA is practically stealing gas.

Administrator

interesting locustfurnace,a point i picked up on was gallon=3.79litres a uk gallon is 4.54 litres unless i have got it wrong.
    simply me

Super Moderator

Thanks for pointing that out.

1 UK gallon = 1.2 US gallons.
    1 US gallon = 0.833 UK gallon

Super Moderator

To add a little more to this discussion.
    I usually fill my tank up twice a month. I usually get 400 miles to a full tank. It costs me close to $100 USD a month, give or take alittle. That's without any real extra activities besides traveling to and from work.

Administrator

i spend usually £60 per month on fuel which is approx 120 usd and i do not get a great mileage for that but then my trusty old volvo was never a light drinker but i just love the old tank,never been a problem and at 216000 miles she fires first time every time still cruises at 80mph on a motorway as sweet as a nut,i have a friend who runs one the same and his is still fine at well over 300 thousand genuine miles as hes had it from new,just shows that bang on servicing does make a difference,easy for me as my brother is motor vehicle mechanic.
    simply me

Default gas a go go

eek: I guess we are the last to get the cheap stuff!!!!!!
    I'm not sure where you are buying gas for $2.85 a gallon on the East Coast but here in the Adirondack hills N.Y. we are still paying$3.05 per gallon !!

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by lonepanther View Post
    ...but here in the Adirondack hills N.Y. we are still paying$3.05 per gallon !!
    Well gas prices have just dropped to $2.79 this week.