Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Some Help.

taupat2009

any suggestants
    any

Super Moderator

When your chatting, playing online checkers, your on the internet. When your surfing the net, your on the internet, but your using the World Wide Web, this is why its http://www.
    DSL is a always ON connection, meaning, your always hooked to the internet 24/7.
    Then your experiencing Pop-ups. Pop-ups happen when your permit the execution of java-scripting. Java-scripting also can be necessary for certain site to operate correctly, as some sites are poorly desgined in that the designer never built and 'IF OR' page.
    What you can do is change your security settings for IE, you never mentioned which web broswer you use, so I will guess this is the one your using.
    Click the TOOLS --> Internet Options --> Security --> Custom Level
    scroll almost to the bottom of the options, find the selections which state
    Scripting
    Active Scripting

you can chose to disable or prompt.
    Disable does just that, disables any and all scripting, which would stop just about all pop-ups, but can also make some sites useless. So if you pick Prompt, this will ask you each time before running scripts, which can be annoying at times. But should keep all the pop-ups away.

If you chose the web washer I mentioned in my first reply, it should stop the pop-ups, BUT you must configure your browser to use the program. The instructions for using the application are included in the program.

El Kabong

I have Ad aware and the Google toolbar which comes with a popup stoppper and they both work fine. No popups at all. Another good site is http://popupstopper.com.