Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: What The %$#^

statedace3

:angry: They should call it olddemos.com,Because I tryed 2 nero downloads.and they were demo's.

OldVersion.com can not legally distribute the full retail version.
    Originally posted by OldVersion.com FAQ's @ http://oldversion.com/faq.php
    Why do you only have freeware and shareware?
    This is not a "warez" site. We are able to legally distribute only freeware and shareware, since they are free.

Super Moderator

The site is not a rip. You want something for free and your not willing to pay for it. Thats a rip. and thats pathetic.
    Since you want to steal the software, why not go to the local computer store and walk out of the store without paying for the software titles. See how far you make it.

traveler

I downloaded some nero's and not only were they demos, they were out of date demos. They said they had expired. So you may as well delete them. That was true of every one I tried. 4 or 5.. {nero}
    otherwise I like the site and the concept.

Super Moderator

Originally posted by traveler+May 19 2004, 01:11 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (traveler @ May 19 2004, 01:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I downloaded some nero&#39;s and not only were they demos, they were out of date demos.[/b]

You could try a freeware cd recording app. Several are listed here.
    http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...&st=0#entry5162

<!--QuoteBegin--traveler
    @May 19 2004, 01:11 PM
    They said they had expired. So you may as well delete them.[/quote]
    You can read an explaination on why the files will not be deleted here.
    http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...t=ST&f=5&t=2057

In a previous thread, this exact problem was also discussed
    http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...t=ST&f=2&t=1527
    http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...t=ST&f=2&t=2335

or you could just go www.ebay.com and buy an older version for a few dollars

For those of us that bought a licence to Nero and now Nero no longer has that version on their site for downloading this site is a blessing. A lot less time wasted when my software got deleted to come here and download the 5.5 Nero then to E-mail Nero, wait for them to look up my purchase info and send me another copy (I&#39;m not sure if they would or just try and get me to update to their newest version) At least I could go to Nero to download the 551054 update for the 5.5, that was still on their site. So, for those who do purchase the software and later lose it through hard drive crash this site and it&#39;s "demos" is just what was needed. A good rule of thumb, always backup your software, but, for those times when your backups get damaged, it&#39;s good to know a place like OLDVERSION where you can still find an older copy of the software that

A) you payed for
    B) you know works on an older machine OR
    C) you are used to it&#39;s features and know exactly how to run it (let&#39;s face it, some of the "improvements" released in software are only better in the minds of the programmer and you find yourself longing for the older version you scrapped when you upgraded)

Rather then rant and rave here because you can&#39;t steal someone else&#39;s hard work why not buy the software you want and be done with it. In the case where you can&#39;t afford the software or just think the fee is too high for what the program does, just read the forum, LF and the other good folks here are usually only too happy to suggest free alternatives that will do the job even if you do have to learn to run another program.

Super Moderator

And to add to that, one of the best benefits to using alot of the freeware alternatives is, If you dont see a feature included in the program, usually all you need to do is request it on the developers site or e-mail them, and they are usually willing to impliment any new reasonable features. This is something you do not find in the big commerical apps.

I have done this many times with free software and with a good turn around on the changes.
    Alot of the times too, the software suites, like Nero come with too much garbage, I do not need a jewel cover designer, or a wav editor, I already have one I prefer, so why waste the time downloading software i am not in need of. With using a freeware CD Recording app, thats all you will be downloading, just the binary to record the blank. If one needs a cover designer, they might have a preferrence already, and dont need to install 5megs of software that won&#39;t ever be used.

With the freeware alternative apps, your not loosing anything by giving it a try.