Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Moderator

Well, having a 3.5MBps pipe lets me load sites quickly. Running through a 'squid' proxy helps reloading frequently visited sites even quicker. Since all the images are stored on my local proxy machine. on the lan.
    I load pictures, just not animated ones (gif's) on my graphic web-browsers. There is no point in having this ability when running on an ftp, sftp site Or when just interested in editing html files on a server; i just ssh into the server and vi it. Loading homepages and peoples midi files or terribly overly loud; and normalized to +10dB encoded music does not make their sites impressive either!
    For now the only interest I really have is content, not glitz.

myfriendwilly7

Haha. Yeah, well assuming the music isn't clipped all to hell, and the site is well put together, I like the content anyway. But I know what you mean.

Mutley

You can find a lot of information on p2p apps at

Click on one of the links to the left column and you will find a lot of info.

removed links: 2004-19-07 refer to [Oldversion.com vs Sharman Networks

guest_SuckerBuster

in my opnion, SoulSeek is the best

www.slsk.org

it's very fast
    enjoy

Ares for songs-
    u can choose not to install the spyware bundles they just included in the newest version, overall it's a good program for songs. K-Lite still the best for everything, lets just hope they wont shut it down... B)

killa killa

just downloaded kazaa lite off of oldversion and its still up

ProDigit

Yeah,

The last version released, was 2.4.3

though K-Lite never goes down, as long as there are users.
    Even if the company has stopped developping. I believe arround January it even came on the news, the judge's verdict. But I don't remember it well anymore ...