Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Fonts

defragthis

does any one have a good font that displays these as speacial characters? some others in the set are (outlined and full) boxs circles angles degreesign, and so on. hearts spades diamonds clubs.

Super Moderator

you might want to do a search on google for "wingdings", as thats usually what they are called.

defragthis

thank you but i'm looking for a clone of the origanal system font. the speacial characters have functions when typed. the most important of these to me is the bent arrows that can control curser movement. i am playing with genesis and would like to add a super small input output text routine even smaller than qbasic, map size is so limited i have to watch every byte.

Super Moderator

yes, these are called wingdings, you should always have a few of these present in your system once you install your OS, there are many different types. but they are called wingdings. so you can look for different types. else, load up your character map app so you can view the whole font tables and scroll through each set of fonts looking for the ones you want. if they are installed then you can view the font faces much easier.

Gold

xxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by PH909800; 12-10-2007 at 12:04 AM.