Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yahoo Toolbar

sulTaN

Default Yahoo Toolbar

Hi, I'm looking for an older release of the Yahoo! toolbar. Here is the information:

Program Name: Yahoo! Companion Toolbar
    Current version: 5.3.16.0
    Desired versions: 5.2.x.x
    Description: This is a toolbar for IE. I'm looking for a older version which does not have the pop-up blocker feature.

Oldtimer

I was unable to find an installation file for the older versions of the Yahoo Companion Toolbar. But, if you're desperate and/or you consider yourself an advanced user, you can try this:

First, download one of the following files:

Version 5.0.2.6

ftp://4.4.11.227/Program%20Files/Yahoo%21...comp5_0_2_6.dll

Version 5.1.5.0

ftp://200.11.179.36/Archivos%20de%20progr...comp5_1_5_0.dll

Next perform the following steps:

1. If you haven't installed the toolbar yet, install it.
    2. You can download an installation file for the lastest version from Zdnet using this link: ftp://ftp.download.com/pub/ppd/10032606-1...tup_cnetPPD.exe
    3. Close Internet Explorer.
    4. Perform a file search and locate the file ycomp5_3_16_0.dll ( Note: the file may have different numbers following "ycomp" depending on the version you have installed.).
    5. The file ycomp5_3_16_0.dll is typically located in one of the following directories: "C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files" or "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs \cpn".
    6. Rename ycomp5_3_16_0.dll to ycomp5_3_16_0.bak.
    7. Copy one of the older file versions you downloaded above to the same directory where you found ycomp5_3_16_0.dll.
    8. Rename the older file to ycomp5_3_16_0.dll.

If all goes well, you should now have the older version of the toolbar when you restart Internet Explorer.

Good luck!

sulTaN

Perfect! Worked like a charm. Thank you .

Incognito56

I'm looking for a version of Yahoo! Companion before they added the pop-up blocker. I use Avant browser and Companion has not worked since I updated to the version with the blocker.

Your question is answered here: http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...yahoo+companion

A SEARCH would have saved yourself a lot of time.

Super Moderator

Topic merged.
    Another example why searching before posting is valuable.

Default Old Reliable Yahoo toolbar

I came to this site in an attempt to find help to remove the new yahoo anti-spy tool bar and replace the old toolbar which worked like a charm. I have no idea what i can do and have never participated in something like this. The old toolbar anti-spy was very efficient and easy to use. I used it daily. The new toolbar has a Norton trial program and doesnt work at all. Now my system is getting bogged down with spyware. Any help and/or suggestions would be appreciated. I would surely like to contact the Yahoo People and let them know how badly the decision to change toolbars has affected so many.
    Thank you!

Default here it is older version yahoo toolbar

Any one needing this down load....if u hate the new tool bar cause it sucks...lol...go get the older one back and save it on a CD or floppy...like i did hugs sleeples

http://www.download.com/3000-2379-10503659.html
    Last edited by sleeplesnmich; 09-09-2006 at 07:18 PM. Reason: miss spelled yahoo

How do I remove Yahoo! Toolbar for Mozilla Firefox?

How do I remove Yahoo! Toolbar for Internet Explorer?

use the Pencil menu "Uninstall" it will give you a chance to com/ex-plain to Yahoo about why you're uninstalling the toolbar.

Go to Add/Remove Programs and uninstall any Yahoo or Norton entries you dont want.

usally a good place to start is at the softwares support forums
    http://help.yahoo.com/toolbar/

Yahoo Toolbar with AntiSpy 6.2 as posted above

Yahoo Companion Toolbar 1

Nortons antispy version

old toolbar ytbinst.exe

v.5.5.7.0
    WITH & WITHOUT ANTI.SPY
    (files now unavailable from link,link disabled)
    YAHOO.TOOLBAR.5.5.7.0.exe
    YAHOO.TOOLBAR.WITH.ANTI.SPY.5.5.7.0.exe
    Last edited by Goslow; 12-28-2006 at 11:52 PM. Reason: files have been removed from site

Default Yahoo Toolbar old version. anyone?

Hey by any chance does anyone have the old version of Yahoo Toolbar? You know the one with out the wannabe Firefox tabs.
    I updated it thinking it was going to be something like what Google did but I guess not. Well thanks if ya do thanks if you don't its really that not big of a deal. (^_^)