Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pc-cillin

Originally posted by Squattail@Jul 21 2004, 06:22 AM
    Hi,

I have Pc-Cillin 2002 on disk with serial and reg code and it installs fine but it the version is way out of date and i want to upgrade to one of the following using my reg code and serial so i dont have to re-pay.

Can i download the trial version or registered version of one of them then put in the serial and reg code amd activate it from trial to full verison? Because i dont want to pay for it all over again. If anyone has any comments to help from experience or so can they please reply!

Thank you h34r:
    dont really understand your problem ? i run pc cillin 2000 and have no problems with it being out of date ? although i dont pay annually for the support option trend micro still allow me to update to the latest pattern files etc online at no cost, you will not be able to use a serial reg code from one version to another so forget that idea , if you want an antivirus without paying , use the search function or look through past postings as many av scanners are listed and many are freeware titles

Originally posted by Very annoyed@Jul 21 2004, 06:10 AM
    Ok now this is just stupid. The CD is in their and it wont even eject so i can get the disk out, its just completely gone!!!! Ahhh man!!!
    try rebooting your pc , if it doesnt come back then go, right click my computer select properties and look in device manager under cd rom drives to see if it is there , it has maybe been disabled if so re.enable it, it would of helped more if you had stated which os you are running etc , and always try and avoid starting an unnecessary thread if possible and yes this should of really been posted in the general section, but if the thread in programs about pc cillin was yours as well you may as well added it to that thread

Very annoyed

try rebooting your pc
    Done and it came out. Thanks

and always try and avoid starting an unnecessary thread if possible and yes this should of really been posted in the general section, but if the thread in programs about pc cillin was yours as well you may as well added it to that thread
    I needed help on 2 different problems, but ill conclude it in just this thread.

Problem 1: The CD Rom drive is back there, as soon as i reboot, why does it disapear like that? and i have to reboot for it to show back up. Oh well, that problem is solved now.

Quoted by a Guest.
    dont really understand your problem ?
    I dont really have a problem. I just needed advice. So your using Pc-Cillin 2000? I use 2002 and want a newer version.

you will not be able to use a serial reg code from one version to another so forget that idea
    Thats what im saying, why cant i do that? I have an out of date pc-cillin (2002) that like 2 years old! can i upgrade to 2003? If anyone can find the trial for 2003 could they post it here i would be very grateful

Very annoyed

if you want an antivirus without paying
    Thats the thing, i did pay. and i go pc-cillin 2002, i think i should of got a newer version, thats my problem

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Very annoyed@Jul 21 2004, 10:54 PM
    you will not be able to use a serial reg code from one version to another so forget that idea
    Thats what im saying, why cant i do that? I have an out of date pc-cillin (2002) that like 2 years old! can i upgrade to 2003? If anyone can find the trial for 2003 could they post it here i would be very grateful
    The license is determined by the developers. sometimes they don't feel your purchase of a year 2000 product qualifies you for receiving a FREE update to the latest product line. If they gave free licenses for the lifetime of a product, then they would not be able to continue making money.
    Just switch to one of the freeware alternatives, such as those listed in the a/v thread.

If you just want to update the virus definitions, those usually are free.

Also note, Oldversion.com does not develop this product, if you have a question pertaining to the licensing policy of a product, then you should seek help on the developers site.

Very annoyed

That sucks.

Whats the best freeware antivirus app?

Thanks for your help guys

Originally posted by Very annoyed@Jul 21 2004, 11:45 PM
    That sucks.

Whats the best freeware antivirus app?

Thanks for your help guys
    avg free edition is very popular get it from this link http://www.thefreesite.com/Free_Software/A...virus_freeware/

If you are going to direct to AVG Free don't you think you should have posted the link to AVGs main page? Lets face it, a lot of people don't read anything at a download link they just click download then complain that the supplied link doesn't work.

Also a warning to the downloader that they need a valid E-mail address concidering that AVG requires you to fill out a form and only after filling out the form do they E-mail you the download link for the AVG Free. Plus they will also send you the serial number to activate this program to your E-mail after you start the download. (I suspect this is an attempt to prevent remote hosting of their product.)

AVG Free download page Read it before clicking Next

Originally posted by pun@Jul 22 2004, 12:37 PM
    If you are going to direct to AVG Free don't you think you should have posted the link to AVGs main page? Lets face it, a lot of people don't read anything at a download link they just click download then complain that the supplied link doesn't work.

Also a warning to the downloader that they need a valid E-mail address concidering that AVG requires you to fill out a form and only after filling out the form do they E-mail you the download link for the AVG Free. Plus they will also send you the serial number to activate this program to your E-mail after you start the download. (I suspect this is an attempt to prevent remote hosting of their product.)

AVG Free download page Read it before clicking Next
    no i dont think i should of used the method that YOU think is best , the link i gave also gave the requestee the option of seeing some other av apps on the way to it which were on the same page.

Originally posted by Guest@Jul 22 2004, 03:13 PM

no i dont think i should of used the method that YOU think is best , the link i gave also gave the requestee the option of seeing some other av apps on the way to it which were on the same page.
    Let's see now, you only recomend the AVG Free

The Free Norton anti-virus software you must Allow 6 to 8 weeks for delivery and live in the U.S. only.

Symantec virus protection is just a recrutement to get people to join Marketscore.

VCatch Basic is to protect your computer from receiving virus infected E-mails.

Free anti-virus CD Offer available for corporate end users only.

Free Online Virus Scanner you have to be on-line to scan for viruses. Some people have limited internet access and slow dial-ups.

SurfinGuard (Note: this program is no longer free, but a 30-day free trial is available). I'm sure Very annoyed asked for a freeware app.

The only other 1 worth concidering on that page was AntiVir Personal Edition

But then it is easier to just post a link then to research to make sure what you are posting is remotely close to what the requestor asked for.