Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pc-cillin

Super Moderator

A/V Thread, with freeware and shareware.
    Whats the best? That depends on what you think an app should be, I personally dont use A/V apps, but when i run them on client boxes, i prefer using either F-Prot, or ClamAV on a bootdisk.

http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...&st=0#entry4022

Very annoyed

Thank you for your help guys!!!

I might stay with Pc-Cillin 2002! Because it is a Paid product and it isnt that out of date.

But then i might decide to go for another one.

These are the ones i have tryed and liked/disliked

avast! - Nup, I didnt like it, it was abit too configarable and just didnt work for me.

AVG - I used this a while back and it seemed cool, I am considering using this.

Kaspersky - Ive heard so many good things about this! and i wanna try it soo bad, ive tryed downloading the file from 3 different mirrors on the site and they all download but none work,

Antivir - Nup, I hated it.

That is about it that ive tested.

Thank you everyone!

Originally posted by Very annoyed@Jul 22 2004, 08:40 PM
    Kaspersky - Ive heard so many good things about this! and i wanna try it soo bad, ive tryed downloading the file from 3 different mirrors on the site and they all download but none work, :(
    Very annoyed ... I don't know why you're having trouble. I downloaded and tested the Anti virus programs from the links below. No problems downloading, installing or running any of the 3.

http://www.kaspersky.com/

15 days trial version

Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal 5.0 (English) 10.47 MB (Downloaded, Installed, Works)

1 month trial versions

Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Version 5.0.142 (English) 9.33 MB (Downloaded, Installed, Works)

Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Pro (English) 14.11 MB (Downloaded, Installed, Works)

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Very annoyed@Jul 22 2004, 08:40 PM
    Kaspersky - Ive heard so many good things about this! and i wanna try it soo bad, ive tryed downloading the file from 3 different mirrors on the site and they all download but none work,
    Are you referring to these links for Kaspersky?
    http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...&st=0#entry5696

Very annoyed

Thank you !!!!!!

It worked!!!!!!!

Too bad its not freeware, its a fantastic programme though

I would love to have NOD32!!!

But ive chosen Too stay with PC-Cillin 2002.. I did an automatic webupdate and it updated the Scanning engine and programme engine up too date. So ill stay with it.

Thank you for all your help with me!!! Im new and you helped!!!

IF anyone still wants to discuss antivirus or anything. Keep replying Ill be checking here often

Originally posted by pun+Jul 22 2004, 03:41 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pun @ Jul 22 2004, 03:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Guest@Jul 22 2004, 03:13 PM

no i dont think i should of used the method that YOU think is best , the link i gave also gave the requestee the option of seeing some other av apps on the way to it which were on the same page.
    Let&#39;s see now, you only recomend the AVG Free

The Free Norton anti-virus software you must Allow 6 to 8 weeks for delivery and live in the U.S. only.

Symantec virus protection is just a recrutement to get people to join Marketscore.

VCatch Basic is to protect your computer from receiving virus infected E-mails.

Free anti-virus CD Offer available for corporate end users only.

Free Online Virus Scanner you have to be on-line to scan for viruses. Some people have limited internet access and slow dial-ups.

SurfinGuard (Note: this program is no longer free, but a 30-day free trial is available). I&#39;m sure Very annoyed asked for a freeware app.

The only other 1 worth concidering on that page was AntiVir Personal Edition

But then it is easier to just post a link then to research to make sure what you are posting is remotely close to what the requestor asked for. [/b][/quote]
    very very smart of you to point out such information , but that doesnt mean jack all really, if the requestee doesnt actually know exactly what they want then the more they read about such apps the better , in YOUR opinion only one thing on that page was worth recommending, perhaps you should yourself let others have an opinion on things without making smart comments and presuming your opinion is more important or more valid than anyone elses i see you have done this in other threads mainly on guest posts still i guess it ups your post count, go on mate you can get another here answering me

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_desc...fid,2787,00.asp more av stuff shareware free stuff and demos

Guest TROLL

Where I went to school they taught us to read and write PLUS what words mean. I see that is no longer important in schools.

That sucks.

Whats the best freeware antivirus app?

Thanks for your help guys
    Looks like Very annoyed is asking "Whats the best freeware antivirus app?"

He didn&#39;t ask for the biggest list of AV Apps you could come up with for him to choose from.

avg free edition is very popular get it from this link
    But did you have the conviction to stand by your recomdation? NO. Instead:

the link i gave also gave the requestee the option of seeing some other av apps on the way to it which were on the same page
    And when I pointed out this to you, your little EGO was hurt.

When I rendered an opinion on the Apps on your link you responded with this:

that doesnt mean jack all really, if the requestee doesnt actually know exactly what they want then the more they read about such apps the better , in YOUR opinion only one thing on that page was worth recommending
    So, are you so smart you can tell a good AV App from a bad one by reading a short description? Cause unless you&#39;ve ran a test on it then you&#39;ll never know how well it works.

The only other 1 worth concidering on that page was
    "ONLY OTHER 1" I didn&#39;t say
    only one thing on that page was worth recommending
    I didn&#39;t disagree with your orginal recomdation.

see you have done this in other threads mainly on guest posts still i guess it ups your post count
    I could care less about my post count. If it were re-set to Zero oh well. And if you are refering to me directing Guests to:

How To Request an App

or to do a search, or to NOT request serials and cracks then maybe you need to learn what this site is all about before posting again.

At least I don&#39;t hide behind a Guest id and do try to find programs for others. Nor do I get up in arms if someone doesn&#39;t like a link I posted.

I do appoligize to the other members for letting this "Guest" get to me. But if you are going to post some more "Guest", try READING and wait till UNDERSTANDING sinks in before posting.

Very annoyed

Hehehehe

GO PUN&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

ok PUN so you didnt like the link i posted , so what, i merely pointed out that you didnt have to pull down other members posts, i have myself found countless programs for both myself and others from just these kind of links, the original requestee did ask for freeware av apps nobody denied that but sooner or later someone will be reading through this thread who is maybe not after just a freeware title and may find the others of use ,so yes i think it is useful , as far as refering to me as a guest troll , think again m8 , you are the uptight one throwing your rattles out the pram , i merely made a point about something i noticed and as far as schools changing yes they have although i would imagine i perhaps left before you were born