Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

oikhongsao

I am having real Problem to download Intenet cyclone V1.79 when the newer version of Internet cyclone has released.
    I need your help
    Thank you very much

Originally posted by oikhongsao@Apr 2 2004, 12:39 AM
    I am having real Problem to download Intenet cyclone V1.79 when the newer version of Internet cyclone has released.
    I need your help
    Thank you very much

OK. I'd like to help you with your problem BUT, I too have a PROBLEM!

I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT INTERNET CYCLONE IS. A few clues would be helpful: What does it do? A cleaning program? A compression program? A communication program? Maybe a browser?

I have no idea where to start a search.
    A HOME PAGE MIGHT BE NICE.

To you a name says it all. And to anyone that's ever used it the name means something. BUT, I've never used an Internet Cyclone program, I've never heard of it, nor, with well over a hundred million programs (more likely a billion counting all versions) out there should I be expected to remember it unless there was something about it to jog my memory.

Now, having said that, click the BACK button. Look at the top of the REQUEST forum. Maybe you see a pinned topic called strangely enough:

How To Request An App

Click here if you don't want to use BACK button:

http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...t=ST&f=3&t=1585

Now, if you had of read this little piece of information instead of just posting thinking that just because you know what Internet Cyclone is, that every person that has ever touched a computer must also know this magical program, you would have seen the stuff needed to help us search.

I know how big a waste of your valuble time it must be to read for about a minute, BUT, searching the internet, without a clue of what I'm looking for, could very well eat up several hours of my time. So, when you are serious about this program, and are willing to invest a little of your time to help us help you, modify your post to give us a CLUE WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. Now there are other posts on here from people who really want help so good day.

Non-Believer

Just use the latest version rather than trying to find the last cr*ckd version
    or search this forum for free download managers there are plenty good ones posted. With a daft name like internet cyclone it would have to be a pay for download manager. lol

Originally posted by Non-Believer@Apr 2 2004, 10:24 AM
    With a daft name like internet cyclone it would have to be a pay for download manager. lol
    Non-Believer,

You might very well be right, it could be a download manager.

That wasn't my point. My point was this: Why should people trying to help others guess at what the requester wants or waste huge amounts of time searching for something when a few extra minutes on the part of the requester could narrow the search.

If I came and just typed this one line:

I am looking for the perfect keyboard.

What am I seeking?

Maybe I want to know what everyone thinks is the best keyboard.

The "S" shaped ones? The flexy roll up ones? The hard ones that fold up? The ones with the gel wrist pad rests? The older circuit board and spring keyboards? The newer touch boards with no raised keys? The internet boards?

Maybe I need a program to re-program my keys to different letters so now: Q becomes A, W becomes B, E becomes C, or however I'd like the keyboard laid out.

Or maybe I'm seeking a macro program (text repacement program) where a single typed word can be replaced with a whole paragraph.

Now if it's a program I seek, how will you know which of the two I need? Of course it would be helpful if I gave clues. IE: a website, requested version, current version and in case the progam I seek can't be found, a discription of what the program does so that alternatives can be suggested.

These are just a few of what my sample request suggest to me. I'm sure others reading this will have other things spring to mind.

Oh, what is the Perfect Keyboard I refered to in my sample?

Current version: 6.15
    Desired version: 4.61 Pro
    (not an actual request, just the version I use)

What does it do: Perfect Keyboard is an award-winning, time-saving utility running under the Windows 9x/2000/NT/XP operating systems. The program allows a user to create a file of frequently used phrases, paragraphs, e-mail addresses, macros, clipboard entries, scripts, etc. and use them in any application just by typing a short abbreviation (text shortcut) or pressing a hotkey (key shortcut). The Perfect Keyboard supports macro recording (keyboard and/or mouse events) so that user can simply record macros rather than program them. The Perfect Keyboard scripting language (150+ commands) allows one to insert time and date, activate a window, launch applications, manage files and directories, work with clipboard, download files, format text and more. Creating macros doesn't require any programming skills thanks to wizards and visual editing tools.

As you can see, taking the time to prepare your request can avoid confusion and help the searcher in a BIG way. Suppose all requests where the person asking for the program but didn't want to do their homework to help a searcher were deleted by the admins? After all, if you don't care enough about your request, why should we?

But the requests are not deleted or locked. Instead we just ask for some help again from the requester. Sometimes the requester gets lucky and the person reading the request knows the program and is able to help. But a lot of the time, no, there are just too many programs out there.

So, to all requesters, the How To Request an App isn't to be mean, it isn't because no-one wants to help you, it is there as a guideline to help you help us with finding the program you need.

If you could find the program yourselves then you wouldn't be making a request. But if you tryed searching on your own and couldn't find it when you know EXACTLY what you was looking for, how can you expect anyone to find it with just a name and no other clues to go on, clues, if you know the program, you could provide instead for expecting others to guess.

Administrator

Internet Cyclone is a powerful, easy-to-use, Internet Optimizer for Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000 and XP designed to automatically optimize your Windows settings which will boost your Internet connection up to 200%. Internet Cyclone is compatible with all modems and high-speed LAN, ISDN, CABLE, DSL, T1 or other connections. This software will still be useful to you after upgrading your connection.

Using this software you will gain guaranteed faster Internet speed for the time you're online. Surfing, downloading files, emailing, playing online games, and anything else you do online will be faster. This is excellent software for slow dial-up modems as well as high speed access connections.

this may have seemed the best there is to someone who has used this and this only,, there are others just as good and some much better , ive not used it personally but a few ive spoken to say they didnt really rate it,, perhaps it may be worth trying an alternative,, as PUN has already pointed out please format your questions correctly, if you would like to try an alternative search the forum as there has been plenty listed quite recently and some are freeware
    simply me

Thanks to the gaffer I now know what I was searching for. BUT every link I've found so far for the Internet Cyclone, regardless of the advertised version downloads v1.81 or leads directly to a crack site.

I did do a search of OV for download managers. The link for the results listed below.

http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...ownload+manager

Maybe one of these will suit your purpose. If I do find an older version of Internet Cyclone, I will post it here but after 4 1/2 hours of entering every link I could call up I have my doubts I will find any links to any but the lastest version.

Non-Believer

excuse the pun but you guys cr*ck me up :)
    Originally posted by pun@ Apr 2 2004, 04:29 PM
    Why should people
    this maybe the penultimate question as applied to the www and I think you may have answered it.perhaps you would like a go at the last one ;)