Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Light10084--unregistered

Uh, no... WinAmp... it weakens me... *cough, die*

Heh... Well, the reasons why i don't like WinAmp are these:

>> WinAmp (below 3.0) load too slow (i hate 3.0 by the way)
    >> Cannot be maximized
    >> And it has a playlist
    >> I hate double-sizing every thing, just to use it well...

I'm using an AMD K6-2 300 MHz (same as lightsup55) and with a screen resolution of 800x600.

Beta

I don't think Winamp has play lists.

Originally posted by SSS@Dec 27 2002, 09:00 PM
    I don't think Winamp has play lists.
    It does. Once again, please double check your sources.
    Alex Levine
    OldVersion.com
    Helper

Beta

Well, it's because i haven't used Winamp in such a long time. I don't even use it anymore.

Tom

Originally posted by Light10084--unregistered@Dec 27 2002, 08:54 PM
    Uh, no... WinAmp... it weakens me... *cough, die*

Heh... Well, the reasons why i don't like WinAmp are these:

>> WinAmp (below 3.0) load too slow (i hate 3.0 by the way)
    >> Cannot be maximized
    >> And it has a playlist
    >> I hate double-sizing every thing, just to use it well...

I'm using an AMD K6-2 300 MHz (same as lightsup55) and with a screen resolution of 800x600.
    I've never had trouble with WinAmp 2.x loading too slow, and I've used it on an AMD K6 200MHz (with only 32MB of memory). But, I will concede that I didn't use it very often on that machine.

You are definitely right about WinAmp 3.0... it's no good.

You don't like playlists, eh? For me sometimes they are useful, sometimes they are a pain.

I don't understand one thing though, why would you need to maximize a program that plays audio? I usually minimize it. (Even when I'm using WMP.)

Light10084--unregistered

As far as Maximizing:
    It's because my sound card is old. It only supports 1 sound channel. Besides, I'm never usually working on the comp while the music is playing. And another thing is, i've never had many problems with WMP 6.4 as much as WMP 7 or WinAmp, so why not maximize it?

About loading too slow... I like things to come up instantly. WMP 6.4 comes up in a second or less; WinAmp, however, takes up to 5 for the first load after my comp was started up, and 3 afterwards.

Eh, SOMETIMES the playlists are helpful... But they're only good when i'm trying to find out which tune i like. I mean... Have you ever seen DX-Ball, or DX-Ball 2 (which i think is better than Long Bow Digital Arts' new program called Rivial Ball)? I hear the sounds in the game, but i need to distinguish which is which. Oh, that reminds me... WinAmp is the only program that plays .mod files from what i know. :P But anywhoo... Seasons is my favorite (credit: sidewinder from the game DX-Ball 2).

Well, most of all, i don't like the playlist because it's strange to use sometimes. I just don't bother with it.

Long Bow Digital Arts: http://www.longbowdigitalarts.com

As a side note: Do you think i should register now? I would be Light10084. Sorry, but i'm on 2 other message boards already, one of which i'm moderator of one forum.

Beta

Yes, you should register. The admin soon will shut down guest posting.

Beta

Originally posted by Light10084--unregistered@Dec 28 2002, 01:45 PM
    ...Have you ever seen DX-Ball, or DX-Ball 2 (which i think is better than Long Bow Digital Arts' new program called Rivial Ball)? I hear the sounds in the game, but i need to distinguish which is which. Oh, that reminds me... WinAmp is the only program that plays .mod files from what i know. :P *But anywhoo... Seasons is my favorite (credit: sidewinder from the game DX-Ball 2).

Long Bow Digital Arts: http://www.longbowdigitalarts.com

As a side note: Do you think i should register now? I would be Light10084. Sorry, but i'm on 2 other message boards already, one of which i'm moderator of one forum.
    Just a few reminders:
    DX-Ball (the original by Michael P. Welch) is available at www.blitwise.com.
    old website
    DX-Ball is a 'breakout' game based on the popular Amiga game Megaball by Ed and Al Mackey. It attempts to take the best aspects of Megaball and mixes them with a few fresh ideas. A great deal of effort went into the game's "Amiga" look-and-feel.

DX-Ball 2 and Rival Ball is available at www.longbowdigitalarts.com.
    DX-Ball 2 is based on the original DX-Ball by Michael P. Welch and Rival Ball is based on DX-Ball 2 with newer boards.

NOTE: If you have ever heard about or played other brickout/breakout games (you move a paddle across the screen to bounce a ball up that breaks bricks, when all of the bricks are gone, you advance to the next board/level), you'll like DX-Ball, DX-Ball 2, and/or Rival Ball.

NOTE FOR MACINTOSH USERS: You can download a similar game called MacBrickout which is available at leapfrogsw.com. If you own a PC, you can download the Windows version called WinBrickout available at www.winbrickout.com.

And please register! If you don't, read SSS's post and not to mention that you'll miss out on a lot of features that this board has to offer to registered users only.

Beta

It is available for Windows 2000. I went to the bottom of the page and it said:

Windows® 95
    Windows 98
    Windows 2000
    Windows CE (for Pocket PC and Palm-size PC)
    Windows NT®
    Solaris
    Macintosh
    So on that page you can download 6.4.09.1121 of Windows Media Player.

Light10084

Duh Tim... Already done...

So... Besides all of that, i am curious... Was there a WMP before 7 but after 6.4? I think there was a 6.7...