Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

TPa

Howdy, (keep in mind I am pretty much an 'end user' in computer terms)

My husband just sent me a new MP3 Player from overseas. I only have Win98 operating system and when I tried to download the new MusicMatch it told me my system could not handle it. Subsequently I am here. I've downloaded a slightly older version and it works fine, however, I can't seem to drag and drop MP3 files onto MP3 Player inside explorer. The player is connected but the driver doesn't seem to work I guess?

I can&#39;t even get help from the manufacturers because it is an Australian company that has gone out of buisness&#33; :huh: The &#39;instructions&#39; are merely a diagram of explanation for the buttons on the player itself&#33; There are no real &#39;read me&#39; files on the driver disk either. <_< If it helps I&#39;ve scanned in the box lid to show the basic information of the brand of MP3 Player. Matrix muni series 1104 (256M)

If there is anyone who might be able to give me some direction I&#39;d be ever so grateful.

Super Moderator

Which Win98 do you have? Check under the control panel, Device Manager to make sure your USB device is being detected.
    Not positive, but does the USB device need to be formatted?
    Does the device show up at all under Explorer? if yes, right click on it, and select properties, if there is a format option, maybe you should format it, also check the filesize of the device, to make sure it is showing up correctly, it should display 256megs (or whatever capacity it is) available if it does.
    Also, make certain that the files your dragging n dropping are mp3&#39;s and not some other format, such as wma, if it does not support wma.

I found this link, different company, looks to be the same exact products, they have some FAQ&#39;s, a user guide, which you need to download and save, and open in Adobe Acrobat, but it might help you out some also.
    http://voigo.com/service.htm

TPa

Hi

Okay, it shows up on my explorer with the title &#39;mobile link&#39; when it is plugged in. Also when I checked in the Device Manager...well it says the USB controller that there is a UMP3 Digital Audio Player

TPa

Oh just noticed the bottom of your message...sorry should have read more carefully. Will go try that link...they look exactly the same.

Super Moderator

Another find, http://frontelinc.com.tw/index.php?module=...ent&contentid=1 this site has software, manual for download, it seems that you might need to use the &#39;Digitial Audio Manager&#39; software (can be downloaded on this site) to upload the songs to the player. That is ofcourse if the software works with your exact model. It may not be possible to drag n drop songs directly from Explorer to the device, it appears maybe it must go through the &#39;Digitial Audio Manager.&#39;

get the software here
    http://frontelinc.com.tw/modules.php?op=mo...req=getit&lid=2

TPa

Locustfurnace,

They have my exact player: http://frontelinc.com.tw/index.php?module=...ent&contentid=1

Unfortunately, you need to &#39;login&#39; to access their stuff?&#33; But, I can&#39;t see where to register etc. The links you gave come up as either error half the time or cannot access this area directly. :huh:

I think I understand what you are getting at in terms of &#39;how&#39; to transfer the files. This time around the plug and play kicked in and I directed the computer to retrieve the driver off the mini cd and it said it had uploaded it etc. Then still when I open the mobile link on explorer there is nothing in it plus no application seems to be associated with device to interact with. :huh:

So I guess I&#39;ll just email this company, perhaps they are the primary manufacturers and can help me out.

~feeling frustrated~ :blink: Thanks for your help.

Super Moderator

Sometimes sites dont work depending on your connection, The files I am talking about on the site, was the &#39;Digitial Audio Manager&#39; which I had downloaded and installed on my system. If you want the file, I can email you it, it was 1 meg in size. I think with this file, if it does work with your system, then you should be all set.

You should email them, maybe they can provide extended service support for you, since if they manufacture the product, then the one you have was most likely just a rebranded model. They might be able to help you out, it is always worth an email.

TPa

Thanks locustfurnace, I would be grateful if you could send it to my hotmail account. (seems rude to join and use PM for this one small issue so I&#39;ll provide here and hopefully I&#39;m not violating forum rules )

I have emailed them and am hopeful they will be able to help.

I suspect you are correct about the &#39;re-branded&#39; model thing. My husband picked it up on leave in Afghanistan. Goodness knows where he brings home the strangest things sometimes.

We are newly posted and I have no IS/IT friends to rely on yet&#33;&#33;

Thanks much, Reba

Super Moderator

Ok, I emailed you the file. Hopefully this works out for you.

Note, I got the email sent back to me as "This message is larger than the current system limit or the recipient&#39;s mailbox is full."