Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

lwalton

This may be a computer help request not intended for this site, but here goes!
    In October Norton Systemworks 2003 was installed and it's running great; found & fixed many problems - things are better...but...

When I turn on the computer and desktop loads a scheduled task runs - disk clean and then I get the "old version message." I thought it was telling me Windows 98SE was outdated because there was no info explaining what the message was linked to (just an X to click/close) - but I have installed all the Windows critical updates and the message still shows at start up.

I went to Start- Programs-Accessories-System tools- Scheduled Tasks and disk clean is enabled. ( I disabled it for 1 start up to see if the message would go away but only the disk clean operation did)
    Is this a left over of some of the 2000 Norton maintenance things/ the actual version of NortonAntivirus 2000 seems uninstalled at ADD/REMOVE programs.
    Should I leave this alone/ I tend to delete things I really ought not sometimes! (know just enough about the computer to do harm ;-)
    Laurie

Beta

You are probably getting this message because you haven't updated your system in a long time. Go to Windows Update and see if you have any updates on your system. Also, check to make sure you have installed Recomended updates.

Last edited by SSS at Dec 6 2002, 02:34 PM