Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Pop-up Stoppers

Kazzamatazaa

It would be nice if there was a pop-up/ad stopper category in oldversion.com i have tryed many and can not find a free decent one that blockes pop-ups and ads can you please help

Babyhuey

Kazzamatazaa,
    The cleanest and most effective popup blocker is the one provided by google on the google toolbar. It works wonderfully as long as you don't have spyware that triggers popups. If that is the case us Ad Aware to remove the spyware. BH

Google Toolbar: http://toolbar.google.com/

Ad-Aware: www.lavasoft.com

Both of these tools are 100% free.

chester_ting

hi babyhuey,

I have ad-aware, and i thought that the google toolbar was spyware? isnt it? i might give it a go then, thanks.

chester.

Administrator

i have the google tool bar myself and have tried many adware and spyware programs and none have ever found anything related to the google toolbar so my answer would be no its not spyware,, try this link if you want freeware pop up stoppers and it also gives a link at the bottom of the page to go to the shareware pop up stoppers many to try or to choose from ,, http://www.webattack.com/Freeware/misctool...wpopblock.shtml
    simply me

Cheeze_Head

try popup stopper v1.0 from www.panicware.com, it's worked perfecly for me, 100% pop up stopping ability. The 'free' version they have on there website now has ads tied into it, but v1.0 doesn't. and it's FREE,