Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    TheBulbasaurfreak

Google is trying to keep all computer people to use their search engine and nothing else. But the email space is very large! I might sign up.............

Originally posted by locustfurnace+Apr 8 2004, 11:16 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (locustfurnace @ Apr 8 2004, 11:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--The Dude@Apr 8 2004, 10:35 PM
    Even if is WAS for CRAPS only (hehehe)
    Craps?
    I own 4 Apple Mac&#39;s and 1 PPC. There is alot one can do the older macs I have that a similar equipped PC would fail at. [/b][/quote]
    Sorry Locust,

I dont like MAcs very much,i dunno...........

No offence intended matez&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; &#33;&#33;&#33;

The Dude

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Guest+May 1 2004, 08:43 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Guest @ May 1 2004, 08:43 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>single athlon 64 still &#39;beats&#39; the hell out of it.[/b]

?? Where is your proof? From this page, it shows the G5 beating the Opteron.
    <!--QuoteBegin--Dual G5 versus Dual Opteron@ http://www.barefeats.com/g5op.html

Sorry Locust,
    I dont like MAcs very much,i dunno...........
    No offence intended matez&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; &#33;&#33;&#33;
    The Dude
    [/quote]
    Thats ok, not offended at all. If you never owned one, you can&#39;t judge it too well just on what someone else says.
    When PC&#39;s where finally being shipped with CD-R Recorders, Apple&#39;s where already shipping with DVD Recorders. You should go doen to the local BestBuy or CompUSA and mess around on the Apple&#39;s they have.

Originally posted by TheBulbasaurfreak +May 2 2004, 10:44 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheBulbasaurfreak @ May 2 2004, 10:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I also hate Spyware&#33;
    But the email space is very large&#33; I might sign up.............[/b]
    yes we all have our price but how does google know the contents of your emails Hhhmmmmm &#33;<!--QuoteBegin--Tomb @Apr 9 2004, 02:54 AM
    I was reading..how Google are going to keep the service free. They will display ads related to the contents of the e-mails you are reading..
    Raises a lot of privacy issues.
    [/quote]

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Goslow@May 3 2004, 01:00 AM
    yes we all have our price but how does google know the contents of your emails Hhhmmmmm
    I have no intentions of using google for conversational e-mail. I find it should be a good sized offsite storage container, and a way to shuffle files back and forth between people. I do not mind if they archive the contents of the old version of yahoo or icq or 7zip.
    If you have privacy concerns over googles knowledge of the contents of your e-mail, use email encryption. PGP and Blowfish and the rest where designed when you must pass sensitive material between unsecure channels.
    Do you think your email with your ISP, yahoo, hotmail is not able to be viewed by others? If your not on a SSL encrypted channel or using encryption now, anyone who wants can intercept your e-mail as it zips around the net.
    Google is just being honest that they will archive your email. Most ISP&#39;s "backup" your email also.

halbob

what if they put a limit on attachments?

Release Candiate 2

Article on g-mail in yesterdays Independent newspaper (UK)

Super Moderator

Originally posted by halbob@May 5 2004, 08:38 PM
    what if they put a limit on attachments?
    Just use a file splitter. split the pieces up and send it, atleast you can still send enough of the pieces to a single mailbox.

Originally posted by locustfurnace@ May 3 2004, 06:47 AM
    Do you think..
    no (not sure what implies that) but, I do believe that by signing up it gives tacit approval to googles direction, it amuses me.
    not trying to suggest they are worse/better thats unlikely (unless bigger is better)
    a good privacy policy would state for how long those files you thought you deleted are "backed up"

the more a search engine knows about your history, your consumer patterns, your past searches, and your interests as an individual, the better position it is in to provide search results. It can base these results not merely on the terms you entered in the search box, but also deduce what you really meant by those terms.
    & I can&#39;t wait to be finally understood ;)

b.t.w. I&#39;ve never had a yahoo address that half fills up with spam, had very few spam through yahoo in fact, cant even say I know anyone that gets terribly bothered by spam through yahoo do you?.(perhaps different levels of filtering in different regions)
    had one hotmail address that was a bit of a curiousity it never received spam, it had no special caracters, no numbers in the address that are supposed to provide the mythical spam protection.(every other "hotmail" recieved spam within minutes/hours/daysmax of being generated)

was pleasantly suprised by how little spam seemed to come from onselling of an address, after signing up for "lotsofstuff" each with a unique address for about a year, one problem "company" was CNET, didnt onsell it (to spammers) just sent me lotsospam themselves.

p.s. dont forget to regularly complete the compulsory signing in (surely they&#39;ll follow the rest & have it, they prolly want to keep an eye on that "super" cookie).I wouldn&#39;t like to think of a gigs worth of uploaded split files being deleted.
    I&#39;m still in mourning after losing a folder.

Originally posted by currently@subject to change
    Gmail unlimited number of attachments(10MB maximum size per message)
    Expiration Time if inactive, nine months
    stop your drooling&#33; its unseemly