Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: So Now What

Peaches

:angry: Someone downloaded some "smillies" onto my comp, and now my spybot wont open....

I don't want to "dis" Oldversion, but this isn't their specialty.
    At the risk of repeating myself....Ask the spyware experts:
    http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/

could you be a little more specific ? ie wont open ? does it report any errors when you try and open it ? have you updated and tried running your antivirus software, after a download it could well be a symptom of a virus infection

Illegal Concepts

ie wont open ?
    That's a good thing, anything BUT IE is good, like Opera, Firefox, Netscape....

Originally posted by Illegal Concepts@Oct 12 2004, 02:00 PM
    ie wont open ?
    That's a good thing, anything BUT IE is good, like Opera, Firefox, Netscape....
    who mentioned a browser problem ? the poster reported a problem with spybot not IE or any browser, if you are going to add comments to threads at least read them first and aim them at the correct subject

Beta

I think it's all down to punctuation i.e. abbreviations like Id est (Latin for that is) should be punctuated. I must admit when I first read straight talkers reply I read it as ie as in internet explorer.

Originally posted by Jaime Andrés@Oct 12 2004, 03:54 PM
    I think it's all down to punctuation i.e. abbreviations like Id est (Latin for that is) should be punctuated. I must admit when I first read straight talkers reply I read it as ie as in internet explorer.
    a very valid point JAIME i very often forget , but even though the punctuation was missing and could be easily mistaken the original poster still only mentioned spybot, and usually all posts meaning internet explorer that are abbreviated are done as IE using capital letters which if illegal concepts had slowed down a little before posting would of realised

Originally posted by Jaime Andrés@Oct 12 2004, 03:54 PM
    Wow, it's like a linguistics course in here...

Do you have any other spyware programs, antivirus? Throw me a bone here!

Get this www.adwaresafe.com
    and find a copy of norton if you don't already have it

Originally posted by Guest+Oct 16 2004, 10:46 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Guest @ Oct 16 2004, 10:46 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Jaime Andrés@Oct 12 2004, 03:54 PM
    I think it&#39;s all down to punctuation i.e. abbreviations like Id est (Latin for that is) should be punctuated. I must admit when I first read straight talkers reply I read it as ie as in internet explorer.
    Wow, it&#39;s like a linguistics course in here...

Do you have any other spyware programs, antivirus? Throw me a bone here&#33;

Get this www.adwaresafe.com
    and find a copy of norton if you don&#39;t already have it [/b][/quote]
    http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...36&hl=antivirus for antivirus and http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...08&hl=antivirus for spyware

both found by using the SEARCH FEATURE which should always be used before adding to a thread

http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...hlite=antivirus full search results for antivirus