Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Yahoo gives you a few megabytes (4 Megs) for email storage, as does many free services. This new FREE service will give 1,000 Megabytes (1GB) mailbox.
    The service is not yet open to the general public, but when it does, and if it is successful, the size of the mailboxes alone will make this free web-based e-mail service hard to beat. Powered by Google.

http://gmail.google.com/gmail/help/about.html#signup

1 GB! That is alot of mail. I don't get that much email in one year.

Super Moderator

True, but it would make it much easier to e-mail old versions of apps between members! Since trying to e-mail a simple 1 meg file can be a problem with Yahoo, or Hotmail, when the box is half filled with spam to begin with.

Super Moderator

Following in Googles footsteps;

http://www.spymac.com/forums/showthread.ph...?threadid=70497
    Spymac's free membership includes:
    1 GB e-mail account, 350 MB combined storage, personal blog, forum, gallery, auctions and more.
    New users are welcome to register for their accounts.

CannonFodder

isn't that just for macs though???

Super Moderator

It's for Mac enthusiast's. Alot of people own both. E-mail is the same regardless of which platform your using. It's a protocol (SMTP,POP,IMAP), not platform specific.

Even if is WAS for CRAPS only (hehehe) How could they enforce it?????

The Dude

Super Moderator

Originally posted by The Dude@Apr 8 2004, 10:35 PM
    Even if is WAS for CRAPS only (hehehe)
    Craps?
    I own 4 Apple Mac's and 1 PPC. There is alot one can do the older macs I have that a similar equipped PC would fail at.
    Macs are and have always been alot more powerful than their counterparts in the PC world. Since they had made strict use of SCSI CD/HD drives, not the slower IDE drives the PC generally used. I also still have an old Apple external SCSI cd-drive with caddy system.
    Being under the control of a single company for hardware & software also helps eliminate the problems PC's face with hardware incompatibilies.
    The old PPC I have has built-in ethernet, way before ethernet was common add-ons for PC's.
    Replacing motherboards on the PPC is also a breeze, just slide out the old MB, insert new one, and all set. No need to unscrew or unmount anything or even open the case!
    Even the Apple Company treats its users alittle better than those who use Windows, I can download older Apples' Operating Systems from Apples' own ftp server. Try finding a old version of Windows on Microsofts website that you can download for free, can't find Windows 3.1.
    I've an Apple IIc from 1989 that still works well, has original OS on it, can do wordprocessing with little trouble.
    My old apples have super floppys (standard equipment), which eject by dragging the floppy icon to the trash can, PC's you still have to manually press a button to eject.
    Check out the newest G5's from Apple. Dual 64bit CPU's!
    http://www.apple.com/powermac/

Another MIPS system you should check out, SGI's Tezro, features 4 64bit CPU's.
    http://www.sgi.com/workstations/tezro/

Your should buy an old Apple, you'll then add more software options and am sure you would enjoy one.

Release Candiate 2

I was reading in a UK national newspaper's IT section how Google are going to keep the service free. They will display ads related to the contents of the e-mails you are reading or a "string" when you search through them all.

Raises a lot of privacy issues. But can you imagine it? Someone on another forum mentioned just slip in a line like "where can I buy some shoes for over £300" in e-mails sent to a g-mail account and see how many adds you get!

>>Check out the newest G5's from Apple. Dual 64bit CPU's!
    >>http://www.apple.com/powermac/

single athlon 64 still 'beats' the hell out of it.