Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wheres It Gone

the observer

when i visit the site i no longer see the list at the bottom of the forums of who is actually logged in, ie active members and guests etc. its kinda annoying as its nice to know who is about, has it been disabled or is it my comp settings

I can't see it either. I suspect it's been disabled.

This feature is probably intended as a tool for moderators anyway. To a normal member, it's just another privacy concern.

Beta

The board has changed to a 'Lite' version maybe. It's nice to see a board not cluttered up with avatars and signatures however the ''who's online'' was a useful feature.

Release Candiate 1

I actually removed the feature thinking that no one actually used it. I did not realize that so many people enjoyed it. Do you all really want it back?

Super Moderator

Its a good feature, it makes the board feel more 'friendly' with it, then without it, since you know someone else is also on the board, posting. Gives it that live feeling also. I've always used it. Without it, it feels deserted.

Yeah, I also noticed it was missing. I often viewed the Online List.

Administrator

i must agree it was useful, i actually enjoyed knowing which members were browsing, i dont always try to answer problems when certain members are browsing, some are so fast by the time ive found the info its already been answered by someone else, but either way its still a great site and a great bunch of folk that submit their knowledge, perhaps one day ile sell this tortoise of a machine and get rid of dial up, but in my neck of the woods its the only option at the moment until that magic speed pipe turns up and 56k modems litter the streets in their hundreds. if the choice was mine id say bring back the feature,
    simply me

I also use the list quite often. It's nice to know you're not alone on here. And nice to see who's visiting. But at the same time this isn't my place so I just figured it was wasting bandwidth that you needed elsewhere.

Beta

Originally posted by igor@Apr 5 2004, 10:08 PM

Do you all really want it back?
    I would take that as a ''Yes vote'' Igor

Originally posted by Pete@ Apr 5 2004, 11:29 AM
    This feature is probably intended as a tool for moderators anyway. To a normal member, it's just another privacy concern.
    Normal? but I agree ;)

Seeing who is logged on is only polite (easy enough to log anon if you want),but the online View Complete List is akin to spyware/eavesdropping and has no opt out, + it doesnt work very well anyway so I for one prefer to see it removed.

What I really see as a huge loss is the removal of the active topics tab.
    Am I supposed to guess what topics have been added to ?

Do I have to open every forum (and threads) even if it hasnt been added to ?

All on a slow connex cmon give us a break :rolleyes:

BTW-- thanks but I dont need cookies I'm on a diet !

p.s. Another slow post as I see its all back: Thanks including the spyware ;(