Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Supreme40x

Hello guys,

I'd like 2 help update the oldversion.com datebase. A lot of programs are not up2date referring 2 the newest version. IMO there're a lot of very popular programs I miss.

Is there an admin position avaible?

drayesha200002

Originally posted by Supreme40x@Apr 6 2005, 01:58 PM
    Hello guys,

I'd like 2 help update the oldversion.com datebase. A lot of programs are not up2date referring 2 the newest version. IMO there're a lot of very popular programs I miss.

Is there an admin position avaible?
    My Webpage[QUOTE][CODE]
    • drayesha@yahoo com

Super Moderator

Thanks for the offering, but I am not aware of the need for an Admin.
    Yes, the pages could be updated with "current version" notation, but... the whole concept of this site is old version's of software. There really is not a need to list the current versions after all. If people are searching for newest versions here, they really are at the wrong site.

As for adding additional titles to the collection, this may some day happen, but the sites main focus is towards the most popular titles.

If you want to help, the more help we get the better the site will be. Help, would include answering questions and fulfilling requests in the boards.

Supreme40x

I don't thought about current versions but of newer

For some programs newer versions are missing which are far away from the newest but are also not on this page.

Is there a possibility 2 update or fill in newer or other versions? Other popular programs? Often there're good and fast links which 'd be enough. Often it'S Sourgeforge or Winfuture ect.

I never thougth about an admin job, just administraive function, so the possibility 2 link newer or other versions, fill in which version is the newest and fill in new programs which are popular.

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Supreme40x@Apr 6 2005, 05:14 PM
    Often there're good and fast links which 'd be enough. Often it'S Sourgeforge or Winfuture ect.
    I think if a "later version" of an app is not included on the main site, and someone is seeking a version not hosted, they can make a request in the forums, "Request" board. This is important that they fill in the necessary info correctly to get a valid response.
    I do not believe those links, which appear in the Forum's board would be trusted enough to link on the main page.

your best bet is email them to submit@oldversion.com then they can be added by admin if they wish