Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Kazaa

The Evil Genius

is the best? I currently have 2.6 but I don't like all of the spy-ware and everytime I remove it (Ad-Aware or Spybot) I have to re-install Kazaa and it really slows down my computer.

What version would be the best for me. I'm not on it too often but I want to be able to download some songs when I want (new songs) and I want to be able to run Kazaa and listen to music while I do other things on the internet.

Thanks in advance.

Salopette

If your problem is the spy-ware you can get Kazaa Lite from this thread.
    Kazaa Lite (sometimes called 'K-Lite&#39 is a Peer-to-Peer File Sharing application that does not contain any 'Spyware'. In actual fact, it is a modified version of the very popular Kazaa Media Desktop (often called the 'Original Kazaa' or 'KMD&#39, which is made by Sharman Networks. Both programs are very similar, with almost identical features and appearance. The main difference is that Kazaa Lite has been modified so that it does not have any of the so-called 'Spyware' and 'Adware' that comes with the Original Kazaa.

Kazaa Lite provides sharing of all kinds of media and software. It is a 'FastTrack' Client, which means it connects to the FastTrack P2P network system, just like some other popular file sharing programs like Kazaa, Grokster and iMesh. (And in the past also Morpheus, which now only connects to the Gnuttella network)

Kazaa Lite can download single files from multiple users to ensure you get the most efficient use of your bandwidth. They also resumes broken downloads or downloads that were in progress when you shut down your computer last. All-in-all, FastTrack is a very good, very powerful P2P system.

The authors of Kazaa Lite were concerned about the fact that the Original Kazaa contained unwanted third party software and wanted to be able to use it without that software. So a cleaned up version was made: Kazaa Lite!

Kazaa Lite is not a different program, it's the same program, just without all the additional software. We don't have any source code of the program. That makes is almost impossible to make big changes to the program or add new features. Nevertheless, we did succeed in making big improvements to the program by modifying some of it's machine-code, adding plugins and external utilities.

What do you think?

Originally posted by Salopette +Feb 11 2004, 12:43 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Salopette @ Feb 11 2004, 12:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>What do you think?[/b]
    I think you may be slower to learn than I &#33; this ,below, first part of your post was ok
    Originally posted by -Salopette @Feb 11 2004, 12:43 PM
    If your problem is the spy-ware you can get Kazaa Lite from this thread.
    Why add all the copied information? as in the thread you had linked to you also posted resonably:<!--QuoteBegin--Salopette
    @Jan 18 2004, 06:11 AM
    PS: To know more about the story of FastTrack Network and of K-Lite visit: http://faq.kdp.2ya.com/ [/quote]this contains the link Kazaa FAQ which contains word for word what you posted above.Are you concerned people cannot follow the simple links, if they want to.
    If your posts stuck to those simple links and didn&#39;t fill pages with your copied info and then moans from people forced to read it then it would be of more help & easier for everyone to read only information they desire.
    So if your posts looked more like the excerpts I quoted I think you might find people more grateful.
    B.T.W my questions are strictly rhetorical thankyou.

The Evil Genius

Thanks for the information. If I get Kazaa Lite, will I be able to use my songs that I have from Kazaa or will I lose my list. I&#39;d assume they&#39;d transfer but I want to make sure.

Also, if I go with Kazaa Lite, can I uninstall Kazaa?

Originally posted by The Evil Genius+Feb 11 2004, 11:45 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Evil Genius @ Feb 11 2004, 11:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>if I go with Kazaa Lite, can I uninstall Kazaa?[/b]
    <!--QuoteBegin-- http://myimages.fourvalve.com/mavol/faq/in...nstallation.htm
    Kazaa Lite: Installation - How do I perform a clean install of Kazaa Lite?
    Uninstall old clients
    First things first, make sure you have uninstalled any previous versions of Kazaa..
    [/quote]Are you trying to be evil because you certainly are not living up to the second part of your nom de plume.
    Please do not ask for every FAQ from the other forum to be reposted here.If you want to make sure read the linked FAQ&#39;s
    & the other Kazaa threads in this forum.(there are lots of them)

Salopette

Originally posted by The Evil Genius@Feb 11 2004, 11:45 PM
    Thanks for the information. If I get Kazaa Lite, will I be able to use my songs that I have from Kazaa or will I lose my list. I&#39;d assume they&#39;d transfer but I want to make sure.

1. Also, if I go with Kazaa Lite, can I uninstall Kazaa?
    No, you wont lose your list. If you are getting K-Lite 2.6 (Recommended) as soon as you get in the program go on Options-Options-Sharing-Manage Other Folders and go in the folder "Kazaa"-"My Shared Folder".
    2. Sure you have to uninstall Kazaa and install Kazaa Lite.

Note: When you downlaod K-Lite 2.6 download the "kazaa.exe+magnet.exe" version. If not it wont work.
    Cheers, and if you have any problems feel free to add a reply in this topic and I or others will answer you as soon as possible.

As of Feb 6, 2004 the business offices and the homes of Kazaa owners were raided by law enforcement officals. I think it&#39;s safe to say Kazaa is dead. Which means records of Kazaa trading are in the hands of the police. Personally I wouldn&#39;t want to continue using a program that if not closed down yet is being monitored closely and could result in a warrant being served on me and my computer taken and fines and/or jail terms.

http://news.com.com/2100-1027_3-5154506.ht...ml?tag=nefd_top

^^^^^^^^^^^^^Read more here^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Salopette

Versions Not Reccomended

Kazaa Gold : A scam, based on a old version of kazaa lite

DietK : A addon tool for kazaa(lite), it blocks adds from KMD, has a few features, it causes quite a few problems and plus you already need KMD/ Kazaa lite already

Kazaa Lite Resurrection : Based on Kazaa Lite K++ 2.4.3 it has updated tools, but seems "over hacked" and contains a few confusing tools, which are not needed by most users. This version is based on KMD 2.0.2 (an old version) and newer versions (2.5+) do not accept connections from these clients.

Clean KMD 2.6 : Based on KMD 2.6 (the latest version), it still doesnt have many features though

Clean KMD 2.4.4 : Based again on Kazaa Lite K++ 2.4.3, this version has the updated tools and extensions. It works the same as Kazaa Lite K++ 2.4.3 and KLU, but doesnt have to same "feel". This version is based on KMD 2.0.2 (an old version) and newer versions (2.5+) do not accept connections from these clients.

Reccomended Versions

Kazaa Lite K++ 2.4.3 And KLU : The last "offical" version of kazaa lite k++, it has lots of enhanced features and all up to date tools (if KLU is used). This version is based on KMD 2.0.2 (an old version) and newer versions (2.5+) do not accept connections from these clients.

K-Lite v2.6 : Based On KMD 2.6, its is by far the best KMD 2.6 build as no other version has these features: Autosearch more, Custom icons, Built in toolbar, custom webpages, custom about box. It doesnt have some features of Kazaa Lite K++ 2.4.3 yet (such as built in accelerator and a few minor options), but these will come soon and it will have more aswell . Note: This version is still in testing&#33;

I hope this helps

fed up

thats it salopette, dont worry about the boys in blue, just keep pumping the one program and dont be bothered about spoiling a good website by filling it with utter rubbish, perhaps you may get a starting handle one day for your other brain cell, you may be able to function then on more than one subject, im sure before long some one with the necessary powers are going to stop your continual crap about the one subject and personally i hope they lock all threads and ban you, DONT BOTHER REPLYING,

The Evil Genius

Just to be on the safe side, I now have Kazaa Lite ++. All of my music is now in there (I got the copy of it from a burnt CD). Do I need to save &#39;My Shared Folder&#39; from my regular version of Kazaa before uninstalling Kazaa?