Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ad-aware Help

Enter your Name

I have ad-aware SE personal and having some problem with the updates. When I launch ad-aware, it says that the version is old and asked me if i want to update and i click to update. But when i launch ad-aware again, it gives me the same message. So how should i update?

Super Moderator

It could be possible that the 'updates' on the server are expecting a more current version than the one your using, and even though it downloads the updates. it is not able to update the version your using.

If the program is a latest release version. it would be best to seek help on the developers site.

Enter your Name

Originally posted by locustfurnace@Aug 28 2004, 02:18 PM
    It could be possible that the 'updates' on the server are expecting a more current version than the one your using, and even though it downloads the updates. it is not able to update the version your using.

If the program is a latest release version. it would be best to seek help on the developers site.
    Thanks for the info.

P.S. You guys should make everyone register before posting any comments

Administrator

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/ adaware support forum
    simply me

Try uninstalling your current version before installing the new one. AdAwareSE doesn't install well over older versions.

Enter your Name

Can you have SPYBOT-SEARCH AND DESTROY program and ADAWARE program running at the same time?

Originally posted by Enter your Name@Sep 6 2004, 12:12 AM
    Can you have SPYBOT-SEARCH AND DESTROY program and ADAWARE program running at the same time?
    I wouldn't run both at the same time. They would both try and get rid of some of the same files and this could cause a conflict. It would be better to run one first then the other to make sure all spy-ware has been found.

I usually run Ad-Aware first then Spy Bot later. I've never had any conflicts between these two programs running them in this way.

Make sure you are logged in as the Administrator

And you can because sometimes it would catch other things as well as conflict, but most of all, it'll lag your com like hell, so it's really up to the user.

semysig

Originally posted by Enter your Name@Sep 6 2004, 12:12 AM
    That's not exactly true, or at least completely accurate.
    You CAN run them at the same time, but not the resident shield part (at least I'd agree that that is unadvisable).
    You can run the scan/search feature of both programs simultaniously.
    I do it every week during my weekly spyware & virus scan.
    I don't use the resident shields (except for AVG AV) because it slows the system and eats too much resources on this old artifact.

In fact, I advise having both and using them both, as one might catch something the other misses, or visa versa.

If you too want something low on resource consumption, I suggest using Spyware Blaster as the resident anti-spyware, and then the above 2 for periodic scans.
    It uses no resources, mem, or CPU that I notice, and I have it on a 133mhz 40MB antique!