Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Directx

Release Candiate 2

OK, I gotcha. When I understand how to submit a file, would it be alright if I were to upload it?

Super Moderator

Since the board now has a link for v5, I think if the admins wanted to add the file they could easier then it would take for you to email it. This would save you from spending time uploading the file. Plus simply uploading a file does not add it to the available downloads. They need to be added by the admins.
    I won't say not to upload it, but the link is available for them as well if they chose to add it. That's your choice if you want to.
    E-mailing files is good for when the file is on a local machine and not available to link to, then it works well when you submit it to the site.

Release Candiate 2

Well, I just those admins decide to upload it within the next few days, otherwise, I'll send it.

Regards

Release Candiate 2

I found a pretty rare version 5.2 of DirectX that's reasonably small (3.49 megs) I suppose it's v5.2, although, the installer seems to say "DirectX 5." I guess since the mod stated that it's easier for the admins to upload files as a link, this should suffice.

ChappyChaps11

I think oldversion.com should get the different versions of DirectX, cuz I bought a VERY old game and want to play it so I installed 9.0b and it wouldnt work cuz it didnt contain 3.0a settings or something and I cant find them anywhere and the ones on the CD didn work

Old Version does have some older versions of Directx 6.0, 7.0, 8.0a, 8.1, 9.0a on their main page.

Reading How To Request an App would have told you to do a search and if the version you seek hasn't been requested just add your request to an older post for a the program of the same name.

Directx 3.0a

doug ryan

ive got 3D bug attack and 3D bubble burst from cosmi and im on win xp home ed. but they wont run ,im getting error mess saying i need directx 5.0 or newer to run these games, i have tried dx6 and newer but still same message anyone know wher i can get direct x 5.0.

please read and follow the pinned topic HOW TO REQUEST AN APP and add the details as per that topic ,also before making requests be sure to search the forums to see if it has been requested and answered before, a quick search threw up this that you may want to read
    http://www.softwarepatch.com/tips/howtodirectx.html

cye

Default directx 5.0

there one to download? i cant find any =p. googled it but......im not good at that stuff hehe. so if anyone finds out where tell me.

cye