Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Paquet Builder

guest_Aaron

Wondering if anyone knows of any good, old versions of Paquet Builder, which is a program that will create nice, simple self-extracting installation files.

The new version is 2.8.2 from http://www.gdgsoft.com/pb/index.aspx
    but it's gotten HUGE (near 3.5 meg), and the free version has limits because they want you to buy one of the pay versions...

http://www.gdgsoft.com/pb/editions.aspx

I have an old version 2.0.3.1 of it which was only about 1 meg in size. I'm not sure when the last totally freeware (without some functions disabled) versions was...

Compared to similar programs I have tried, this one creates very simple installers, without all the clicking of "next," "next," "next," buttons to get something installed....

It also lets you assign a custom icon to the EXE installation file you create.

Thanks for any help.

Super Moderator

guest_Aaron

Thanks!

I'll try the second one, which is still much smaller than the new versions.

guest_Aaron

Well, it was worth a try....

The new versions create much larger files.
    With the small setup program I was making, the newer version made the file 114 k, but my old version makes the file ony 47k....

The new version includes the ability to add an uninstall option to the control panel, which I'd like....
    But when making simple little setup programs, I prefer the nice, small files to the bloated ones. I don't need a 114k file to install a 13k program!

Thanks anyway!

good to see some user comments on their software

here's a Paquet Builder o.v. freeware, it has a really unfortunate installer name,but made an interesting search ;)
    Paquet Builder v1.0 795.7Kb

Alternate freeware

a full featured NSIS installer has an overhead of only 34 KB. - powerful promising looking freeware

Little Setup Builder is a tool for the creation of simplified install programs.

SSE Setup v1.5 The user only has to start the setup program.. and click the "Install Now" button.. no-nonsense installation program!

PolBas

Program Name: Paquet Builder
    Current version: 2.9
    Desired versions: 2.0.3 ( freeware version ) or the last freeware version
    Description: Paquet Builder is a mix between a 7-Zip, Zip and Cab Self-Extracting archive maker and an advanced Setup routine generator. Featuring powerful and versatile options, it can output several types of compact and flexible Self-Extractors for professional-but-friendly file and software delivery.

Thanks.

please when making requests follow the pinned topic and when possible add your request to an existing thread if it doesnt already have the version you require,as in this request could of been added here http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...=paquet+builder which was found using the search which should always be done before making requests

Someone has the version nș v 2.5.2

Please i need this version. If someone have it please send me a copy

Thanks