Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Aim

I dont think DEAD AIM will work with the latest build,i could be wrong but i dont think i am......

Are you looking 2 just block the annoying ads??? If so,please see my opening post on this thread on how 2 do that....... (Works quite well,no dead aim needed)

Good Luck

How do you get rid of the actual popups?

Add "127.0.0.1 ar.atwola.com" to your host file.....

NO MORE ADS............

Good Luck

fromanchu

what about if you just want to use deadaim, basically for cloning, what combo will allow this?
    i tried 5.5aim...and 3.18deadiam but the dead aim isnt doing anything

Holy B

I feel I must repeat what a couple here have already said.

Anyone here who uses Dead AIM or regular AIM (I have used both in the past), should at least TRY Gaim out,
    http://gaim.sourceforge.net/

After using it I will never go back to those other two (I have also tried Trillian, hated that POS), and I find it hard to imagine anyone not feeling the same once trying it.

Em

um....ok I'm sorry if I'm repetitive of anything that someone has said in the past. This is my first time posting here and all I want is some help. I have AIM. I just downloaded this site's most recent version of dead AIM (mainly for the purpose of changing my buddies names. I have alot and I sometimes get them confused) Anyway I installed it with no problems and I restarted AIM. and frankly....I don't see a change. So what I'm thinking is either I have no clue what I'm supposed to do from there, (which is kinda true) or....it just plain didn't work. Which would really be kinda frustrating. Sooooo if anyone could help that would be really great. And before you tell me that I should try another messaging service....I don't want to. I have YM also and while AIM sometimes pisses me off, all my friends use it.

jake

Originally posted by Holy B@May 13 2005, 03:01 AM
    I feel I must repeat what a couple here have already said.

Anyone here who uses Dead AIM or regular AIM (I have used both in the past), should at least TRY Gaim out,
    http://gaim.sourceforge.net/

After using it I will never go back to those other two (I have also tried Trillian, hated that POS), and I find it hard to imagine anyone not feeling the same once trying it.
    Yeah, Gaim rocks! -_-

The Dude,

I installed 5.5.3590 from the link you gave, and...
    it appears to have installed Wild Tangent and Weatherbug even though I deselected the boxes. Furthermore, my firewall caught AolAod.exe and GLB2A.tmp trying to connect to the internet as soon as the installation was complete.

Any idea what's going on?

Welcome ashore my friend

It doesnt install them,THIER FOLDERS ARE THERE BUT THEY ARE NOT INSTALLED!!
    Last edited by The Dude; 05-05-2009 at 01:40 AM.