Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Limewire

PsycoJoe

[FONT=Arial]Ok hey all... i like everyone else has been having problems with kazaa lite/kazaa. There is a simple solution to all of your problems. JUST DUMP KAZAA and KAZAA LITE. There is no real way to fix them, you are always going to get messed up files on them anyways. But i have finaly found a solution. The answer is lime wire. The newest version of lime wire has no spyware. It also downloads faster then kazaa and yes that is true. The only thing it lacks is a screen type of thing but you can always play picture media in a media player sucha as real or window media player. Believe me it makes up for the screen loss. Theres almost no corupted files. And when you find a corupted file Lime Will alert you before the file is done downloading, before it reaches your computer. All in all kazaa was a good program until it turned into crap. just go with limewire i promise it wont be a mistake.

Beta

PsycoJoe urged
    just go with limewire i promise it wont be a mistake.
    I bought Limewire 3.8.9 Pro (about $18) about two weeks ago and find it so unstable with Win XP Pro that it is hardly useable. It crashes and re-sets my system about 8 times out of ten when trying to open the application. I then have to wait for windows to run a lengthy scandisk on the re-boot. Reading limewire forums and researching on google it would appear that this instabilty is a common occurance.
    The claimed fast download speeds and claimed ability of file availability is pure myth.
    It's the old story that one should check out these things before you buy.
    BTW PsycoJoe if you know of a fix for this problem please post it so others with this trouble can rectify it
    This is classic case where a trial version would have been very useful, I definately would not have bought it. Before anyone asks, I didn't try the free version because it does not have the so called advantages of the Pro version, and I am pop-ad, banners intolerent.

Salopette

Originally posted by PsycoJoe@Apr 17 2004, 01:48 PM
    [FONT=Arial]Ok hey all... i like everyone else has been having problems with kazaa lite/kazaa. There is a simple solution to all of your problems. JUST DUMP KAZAA and KAZAA LITE. There is no real way to fix them, you are always going to get messed up files on them anyways. But i have finaly found a solution. The answer is lime wire. The newest version of lime wire has no spyware. It also downloads faster then kazaa and yes that is true. The only thing it lacks is a screen type of thing but you can always play picture media in a media player sucha as real or window media player. Believe me it makes up for the screen loss. Theres almost no corupted files. And when you find a corupted file Lime Will alert you before the file is done downloading, before it reaches your computer. All in all kazaa was a good program until it turned into crap. just go with limewire i promise it wont be a mistake.
    I use a lot LimeWire, and I never found a corrpupted file. But I use LimeWire just for music, I use a lot more Kazaa because I want to download programs, because I think that LimeWire is better in music but worse in app.

runnerbean

kazaa was the worst piece of software ever invented, spyware full rubbish, and then came klite and diet k etc, no spyware but loads of bomb files viruses and rubbish, if you are downloading apps are you downloading copyright stuff, if so its illegal, if not then its far faster to try a trial version from the program developers, there is no reason to download from kazaa apps unless its because you are unwilling to pay, downloads are slow and useless anyway. nobody wants to pay more than they have to for software. but if everyone paid and piracy was stopped then perhaps prices may slowly decline,i agree with people getting sued for downloading pirate stuff, as there is nearly always freeware alternatives. if freeware isnt good enough then you should PAY.file sharing is good if its done properly its just a shame that people such as saloppette have no morels and sponge from the internet instead of being honest and paying for what they want.

guest_guest

to be completely honest i don't like limewire. ive been using it for about a month now and it never actually downloads anything. it just queues the file forever and never downloads. i have been having this same problem with WinMX where i click to download an "available" file and end up get queued in 10th place or something like that. and then after the queue when its my turn to download, it automatically cancels the entire process. lol sort of wasted my time. any way KAzaa lite (as slow as it insists on being all the time) is a good program where that it ACTUALLY let's you download files you want. what a great idea!!

lol limewire now that is a joke
    k lite is the best out there and on that note kids should not be using it unless they know what they are doing lol.......
    if you get bogus files(music,movies) its your own fault,you can easily check what your downloading

Bob

Limewire was fine for me until I tried downloading a game and it turned out to be a virus. Still, all the songs actually work (No annoying noise halfway through). I don't know why they say it's faster than Kazaa because I find it's the complete opposite. It's much slower than Kazaa.

FMX311

is there any spy or ad-ware included in Lime Wire? Im an Mp3 junkie but then again i think about the shit i download...i dont want download this and find my system to be all slow and unstalbe.. is this any good??? :blink:

Super Moderator

http://news.com.com/LimeWire+upgrades+P2P+..._3-5215028.html
    LimeWire Chief Operating Officer Greg Bildson said in a statement. "We have responded to this request. LimeWire 4.0 is completely free of bundling or spyware."
    According to one source (link above), 4.0 would be clean, the other version's would seem to have it included.

Noobtastic!

Okay, I searched Limewire's website for forums but was unable to find any so I came here (because this is were I downloaded it from). I downloaded it about a week ago and been downloading files just fine with no complaints. But today I tried to download a couple songs and videos but every single one says "Queued". This is really annoying. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.