Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Adobe Photoshop

Dr X

Just copy the photoshop folder from you old machine to your new one, make new shortcuts to the executables, and bang, you've transplanted Photoshop 3. On first launch it will tell you what dll's are missing from win/system32 directory, then copy those over as well.

John Doe

Adobe PhotoShop 3.0.rar

DonCorleo

I have a P200 computer and i want to run photoshop on it. I heard that version 4 should do fine on that machine. Where can i get that version?

Super Moderator

Does the P200 have MMX, or is it Non-MMX, I have run PS5 on my older P200 Non-MMX with no problems, just be sure you have ample ram

DonCorleo

Damn, i did use the search and found only a mac link. Probably because of the added version number. sorry about that.

Its a P200 nonMMX with 128Mb internal memory. I want to use it for editing pictures i take with my Canon 10D

Super Moderator

thats ok, I just want to point out that if you search you will get an answer, instead of waiting for someone to reply, its better for you to search then wait. just trying to help you out alittle.
    might have needed to expand the search past 30 days or something.

I also posted some more links for freeware editors that i think will do good for quick editing, can check those out here.
    http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...t=ST&f=3&t=1382
    I find that the LviewPro does a very good job of compressing files to the jpeg format, but I use Firehand Embler for PNG compression, it does a better job than other apps.
    and I have used them all on my older P200NonMMX.

Plus those other apps on the other thread will be less RAM hungry than Photoshop. But since your using PS4, it should be ok, have PS4 and Adobe illustrator on an old PPC 7200/120 and it works fine.

aafuss

If you want a full version of Photoshop your best bet is to find a copy on eBay

Super Moderator

Originally posted by aafuss@Oct 18 2003, 12:19 AM
    If you want a full version of Photoshop your best bet is to find a copy on eBay
    that would a good place to start for any retail software title requested that is no longer being supported by the developer

Doug S

Help! I bought a fully licenced upgrade for Photoshop 7 over 6 montrhs ago because someone assured me that they had a old full version to upgrade upon. Guess what, they didn't have it after all (it was a LE version). I'm not sure far how far back it will allow a base version to be, but right now I can't use it at all. Can anyone help?

Doug

Super Moderator

Originally posted by http://www.oldversion.com/faq.php
    Why do you only have freeware and shareware?
    This is not a "warez" site. We are able to legally distribute only freeware and shareware, since they are free.
    You might want to try getting a shareware 6 version, and seeing if the license will apply to it. Or seeing if once installed you can install the upgrade over it, but I don't think either way is going to work.
    You most likely will need a full prior version to be able to upgrade ontop of.