Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

john7

i just built my 1st computer, money is tight so it isn't all that great
    anyway i discovered that when i use wmp and try 2 copy music from a cd , it ends up with some feedback ( clicking sounds evenly paced in all the songs)
    wmp 6.4 lags quite a bit and seems verry unstable,
    so is there a good versitle program that has media library support, that will copy songs off a cd, and be stable on a system with 233mhz cpu and 256 mb ram?

Super Moderator

This should work fine for you.
    dBPowerAMP

guest_john7

that program works a lil better, (seems verry stable) slightly less clicks in some songs :angry: , some songs also copy perfictly.....the converter is verry convenient 2
    could the problem b in my cd-rom drive? just won a burner on ebay $14.25(never used)

also post5ing a few good sites 4 tunes
    launchcast.com
    singingfish.com (search engine) =best i'v seen so far

Super Moderator

http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/
    Since your still getting 'clicks' you should try this app, use the Secure mode for ripping.
    It's possible that the CD drive does not support accurate ripping, this program above is FREE, and has alot of diagnostic tools built into it, which might help you to figure out what the problem is.
    When CD drive's rip quickly they can lose sync, so sometimes it is best to rip in a accurate (less fast) mode. This program wont encode the songs for you, 'out of the box' you will need an encoder, such as LAME, to do that. What you might want to do is just use this program to rip the tracks, then use the right-click option of dBpowerAMP to encode. I am not sure of which version of LAME is stable these days, as i stopped using mp3's a long time ago, now i just encode to oggs, since they are better quality then mp3.

john7

ok i clicked the link and suddonly avg antivirus told me i had 5 trojans and some sort of start page virus thingy

the trojan files suddonly appeared on my desktop

could u post the link 2 download the program? or 1 like it?

john7

ok out of shear bordom i tryed again and got no trojans :unsure:

Super Moderator

Thats rather strange, as the developer for EAC would not intentionally write trojans or scripts for hijacking web browsers.. Could have been some sort of strange occurance. I know if the developer was pulling these sorts of antics his site/program would not get the praises it does in the audio forums, which many top developers are members of.

Sometimes if there are pre-existing spyware on your system in the Temporary Internet Folder, they can pop out randomly. I did not experience this problem when i dropped the site's link, as I am presently immune to these antics, (not running Windows A.T.M.)

The page for downloading the file is here, http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/eac6.html also below the links is a link for 'AccurateRip', you might want to look into that as well. Or check on the 'AccurateRip' site, http://www.accuraterip.com/

guest_john7

thank u very much , bacause i found this site so helpful i will b sending a few old installers 2 b published on this site