Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Replayradio

varg

Program Name: Replay Radio
    Current Version: 4.1
    Desired Version: 3.2
    Description: Allows you to save internet streams in different audio formats to play at a later date.

Edited to comply with rules.

Super Moderator

Please read the pinned topic How to Request an App, if your not certain on how to make a request, then add the necessary info back into this thread.

natedogg

Program Name: Replay Radio
    Current Version: 4.1
    Desired Version: 3.2
    Description: Allows you to save internet streams in different audio formats to play at a later date.

Super Moderator

Due to the questionable nature of legality of these app I'll not add any further links for older versions of these apps.
    Can just check out whats already been written about these apps in the past threads.
    Similar apps have been requested in the past. Check these thread&#39;s, or do a search for (keyword=<stream>)
    http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...T&f=5&t=946&hl=
    http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...2&hl=streamdown

existng Replayradio 3.2 another reason to search the forum.
    btw. I dont know how hard or easy this app is to find as I hjavnt looked yet.
    would the link be removed [b]if it was posted,I know I&#39;ve posted similar in the past but havnt checked their status.
    the law can become very questionable and especially when viewed from another country.(not condoning the breaking of any law or forum rule)

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Goslow@Jul 14 2004, 07:52 PM
    [b] would the link be removed if it was posted,I know I&#39;ve posted similar in the past but havnt checked their status.
    the law can become very questionable
    Unlike P2P which do infact have a legal purpose, these apps really were designed to record and save copyrighted materials. The reason many broadasters use Realaudio is it is popular, and mostly because it streams; which protects the materials from being downloaded. Alot of sites which do stream forbid keeping a copy of the broadcasting. This is the reason why several of these apps are illegal.

Will any links posted be shut down? if the app is noted to be illegal in the USA (where this server resides and whose laws it falls under) then those links will be removed.

When laws play a part in the decision, it is based on US laws, not laws in other countries which are not applicable to this site. Even if the app is legal in some other country, those laws do not apply to whatever is hosted, or linked (YES&#33;, it can be illegal to knowingly link to sites which contain illegal material, check the DMCA.)
    This was debated already in one of the threads regarding this particular app.

The app which is illegal is StreamVCR, which you can read about it on this thread:
    REALNETWORKS INC. v. STREAMBOX, INC

A existing case on one countrys laws (Russian) being ok, and anothers (USA) ended with a software programmer being arrested for breaking US laws.
    Dmitry Sklyarov was arrested in Las Vegas on July 16, 2001, and charged with trafficking in, and offering to the public, a software program that could circumvent technological protections on copyrighted material, under section 1201(B)(1)(A) of the U.S. Copyright Act, which was made law by the 1998 Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the DMCA). He was also charged with aiding and abetting his employer, Russian software development company, Elcom Ltd (a.k.a. ElcomSoft Co. Ltd), to do that. Dmitry was held in jail until August 6, 2001, when he was released on bail of &#036;50,000, on condition that he remained in Northern California.

On August 28, 2001, a grand jury indicted both Dmitry and ElcomSoft with five counts of violating U.S. law. These include four counts alleging circumvention offenses and aiding and abetting circumvention offenses, under the DMCA, and a charge of conspiracy to traffic in a circumvention program. Under the charges, Dmitry faced up to 25 years in prison and a fine of up to &#036;2,250,000, and ElcomSoft, as a corporation, faces a penalty of &#036;2,500,000.
    The program in question was a password "recovery" tool for encrypted Adobe PDF&#39;s.
    The DMCA&#39;s anti-circumvention provisions don&#39;t prohibit the mere possession or use of a section 1201(B)(1) circumvention technology (copy controls), so it&#39;s legal to use AEBPR in a non-infringing way. Paradoxically, although it is legal for people to bypass these controls and exercise fair use rights, the provision of them is illegal under Section 1201.

Yes the law has been known to be an ass before

Ok I&#39;d post it then seeing its as harmful as a vcr or tapedeck, its up to the individual as to its use.
    I&#39;m sure it will only be used for legitimate purpose.I wonder when that human recording device (memory) will be deemed illegal.

From Website:
    Note: Replay Radio is not intended for use in circumventing copy protection mechanisms or for making illegal copies of copyrighted content. Please respect the rights of the content owners when recording.

Its easy enough to find (3.2) however I dont like that version number (nothing to do with the program just the number) so heres an older version v1.1 demo

Spam removed from thread.

-Alex