Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi. If I download Kazaa lite from this website for free, I still have a risk of being sued by the record companies if they find me, right? If thats the case, then why are the downloads listed here?

Super Moderator

Because its not the apps thats at fault, it's the user who must make a conscious decision NOT to download illegal programs,
    don't blame the software, blame the users for making these program notorious.
    There are many great uses for P2p applications, even alot of GNU/LINUX distros which are 100% legal to download, are only being made available via bit torrent. as it saves on bandwidth costs.
    Cassette tapes were often used to record illegal copies of music, but many people did use it for legal purposes, such as medical transcriptions, old data drives used cassette tapes. Sell tips were placed on them, as well as unsigned acts would record their demos on cassette tapes.
    The technology is a great thing, dont blame it, blame those who abuse it.

You only will be sued if your downloading illegal content. If you download legal music or freeware or shareware on these apps, then you can not be sued.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but i didn't want to start another Kazza-lite post. I've been having heaps of trouble with kazza-lite lately, not so much with downloading music tracks, it's when i play them after about 20 seconds the tracks make a static sound. This happens to every track i download. Would it be best to get rid of kazza-lite and download winMX.

whoa whoa whoa

First off, Kazaa lite is not illegal. Sharing mp3's is illegal.

and that sound you hear in your mp3's is because the mp3 is ruined, it has nothing to do with kazaa lite at alllll. the RIAA puts those broken files out on the p2p networks so that finding good music is harder. switching to winmx wont help you, you just need to keep looking for a file till you fine one without the static.

Administrator

Originally posted by Guest@May 8 2004, 03:21 PM
    whoa whoa whoa

First off, Kazaa lite is not illegal. Sharing mp3's is illegal.

and that sound you hear in your mp3's is because the mp3 is ruined, it has nothing to do with kazaa lite at alllll. the RIAA puts those broken files out on the p2p networks so that finding good music is harder. switching to winmx wont help you, you just need to keep looking for a file till you fine one without the static.
    KAZAA is the largest p2p network that is why it is being targeted far more than any other network, many users across the net in different forums have the opinion that win mx is faster and far far cleaner than kazaa, downloading loads of files hoping to get a good one is hardly worth the effort and time spent, reading internet news the riaa are targeting those users who are downloading loads and loads and sharing large amounts of files, so i guess if you are connected and downloading for hours hoping to get good files then obviously you have more chance of being caught, again not worth it with the current cost of a cd, have a read of this http://www.riaa.com/news/newsletter/042804.asp and make your own decision
    simply me

i dont know if this is illegal or not but what if someone wants to download racing videos , is that illegal?

suep6

- I used Kazaa Lite for a long time with great results - but then the number of "static laced" mp3's increased; so that finding one good song was rare.
    Then I moved to Bearshare.
    Its been great - all of it is good so far.
    Enjoy!

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Guest+May 8 2004, 11:39 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Guest @ May 8 2004, 11:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>i dont know if this is illegal or not but what if someone wants to download racing videos , is that illegal?[/b]

That depends on what racing videos you are talking about, If they are privately made videos, such as one from home movie cameras at a local circle track. The ownership belongs to whoever created the files, and if they release the videos to a p2p nework and permit others to enjoy the films, then it is not illegal.
    If the videos are copyrighted works, such as Nascar DVD&#39;s that are sold in stores, and someone rips the dvd and uploads it, then YES it is illegal.

<!--QuoteBegin--Guest
    @May 8 2004, 03:21 PM
    whoa whoa whoa

First off, Kazaa lite is not illegal. Sharing mp3&#39;s is illegal.
    [/quote]
    Downloading mp3 is not illegal. Mp3 is not an illegal format.
    Downloading copyrighted music is illegal, which can be in any format, such as AAC, WAV, APE, FLAC, MP2, OGG, MPC, MP4.
    Anyne can upload their own bands music to these p2p networks and share it with other users. that is not illegal. I know several signed bands who do in fact share songs from their latest releases, and if they end up on p2p networks, their songs are not illegal to share.
    the RIAA only represents those artists who have decided to use one of these copyright houses to protect their works. Not all music is placed with the RIAA, ASCAP, BMG.

Hooded Robin

Accually, Klite is illeagle see sherman networks said that klite was illeagly using the same code as kazza. Because klite gets rid of the ads sherman networks gets jack shit in money, thus making them mad.

Now the reason why you are hearing that sound is because you downloaded a bad file see sherman networks are stupid so they put these bad files out to people which the normal kazaa would block.

Also trading music is not illeagly or should i say downloading, uploading files to people is illeagl <_< wow thats a dumb fu*king idea isnt it.

Well canada hasnt broken down on p2p and if theres another term with GW im moving there I dont care how cold it gets.

hooded robin, your theories are more far fetched than shit from china, and sherman is a tank, it is sharman that make kazaa, check your spellings pal i thought i was reading swahili for a minit there, what planet you transmitting from anyway.