Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Faithless

Program Name: LifeJournal
    Current version: 1.4
    Desired versions: 1.0, 1,1, 1.2, 1.3
    Description: Journal writing software

Faithless

Originally posted by Faithless@May 4 2004, 07:48 AM
    Program Name: LifeJournal
    Current version: 1.4
    Desired versions: 1.0, 1,1, 1.2, 1.3
    Description: Journal writing software
    I submitted this post, thn registered. Go figure.

If anyone has this software, I'd really appreciate a copy. I lost the installer program after making a backup of the database and now I cannot read the entries. The entries are my and my wife's daily throughts concerning out little 8 month old baby daugther, Shannon. We are desparate to get them back and they locked inside a stupid Access db in a Memo field we cannot read.

Any help would be most appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Super Moderator

I did not find any older releases of this title, but i did find apps which you might be able to use to extract your data out of the Access database.
    • ABC Amber Access Converter 1.03
      ABC Amber Access Converter is an advanced utility which helps you convert your MDB (MS Access) files to any format you wish (XLS, DBF, CSV, XML, PDF, HTML, CHM, RTF, HLP, DOC, and many more) easily and quickly.
    • MDB Tools
      The MDB Tools project is a effort to document the MDB file format used in Microsoft's Access database package, and to provide a set of tools and applications to make that data available on other platforms.
    • ATAF-CON 1.1
      ATAF can automatic convert the database design and copy the data from a MS-Access database and create it on a mySQL server in one of the 4 following ways

Faithless

Thanks for the try but none of the programs you listed were able to decipher the Memo fields in this db. I appreciate the effort.

I presume you've tried contacting the authors of the software with your problem.

I might get a hold of version 1.3 but not anytime soon sorry.
    but there are many other vistors to this site.

Faithless

I did contact the authors of the software. Gonna have to pay for the old versions of their software in order to get them.

If you get 1.3, please let me know. I'd be ever so grateful.

Faithless

Thread bump.

If anyone can lay their hands on this program, please let me know ASAP

we will do our best but even the locust dont seem to be able to find this one.

an unanswered request ? has this been overlooked or has the unstoppable searchers at OV been beaten for once

Originally posted by Guest@Jun 10 2004, 07:20 AM
    an unanswered request ? has this been overlooked or has the unstoppable searchers at OV been beaten for once
    Could very will be. As Faithless has stated LifeJournal is still selling old copys. Just because some companies offer free downloads of their program it doesn't mean this program is free. A lot of companies forbid "hosting" of their software on any site but their own. That is why you see a lot of "remote linking" on certain software. These companies can and do charge others for the "hosting" of their software. Faithless will either have to buy a copy or hope that someone out there has a copy still around of the version she needs if this is one of the "hosting forbidden" software titles and is willing to E-mail her a copy.

I wish you the best Faithless but I for one can't find any trace of an older version of LifeJournal.