Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mitra

Sorry if this has already been asked, but does anyone know of a free way to block your own IP address when surfing the net?

Super Moderator

• Freedom (Shareware) Surf the Net in complete Privacy! Freedom WebSecure is a state-of-the-art Internet privacy software that allows for anonymous surfing and private web browsing.
    • JAP (Freeware)
      JAP makes it possible to surf the internet anonymously and unobservably.
    You can also use anonymous proxys, just search google for the term "anonymous proxy"

Beta

Freedom does not appear to be shareware. I looked at the given link and I could not find any other option than to buy the app. :unsure:

Administrator

http://www.anonymizer.com/affiliate/landing.shtml a trial version that is supposed to be very good
    simply me

Beta

Originally posted by the gaffer@May 7 2004, 11:20 PM
    http://www.anonymizer.com/affiliate/landing.shtml a trial version that is supposed to be very good
    I looked again gaffer but it was all buy and no try :unsure: Do you have the URL to the trial version ? Jaime.

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Jaime Andrés@May 7 2004, 02:38 PM
    Freedom does not appear to be shareware.
    Sorry, I was just posting it on old knowledge of Freedom, when I had downloaded and tested it out years ago.
    The 'Jap' is freeware though, so thats even better.

Kayro

Confused-- Why all the scare about getting caught downloading music, if all you have to do is use one of these sites??

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Kayro@May 8 2004, 08:23 PM
    Confused-- Why all the scare about getting caught downloading music, if all you have to do is use one of these sites??
    There are more reasons then for just downloading files.
    Depending on where in the world some users are, the only way they can access certain sites is via an anon proxy. As the sites can be blocked based on locations.
    By using a proxy and hiding their ip address, some people can now access certain sites which were blocked to them.

i was woundering if there are any programs that let u surf the web anonymously

Super Moderator

-merged topics